Sinister: List stuff, please read

Linda Kerr lulou at xxx.org
Fri Jun 8 22:15:01 BST 2001

Dear all

If you are new to the list, or didn't see my previous message, please read.
As sinister surrogate mother I have been worried recently that I am not
carrying out my duties.  The list has been getting some mails which make me
nervous. Short posts are not necessarily bad, but too many and the list
becomes fragmented, and people start sending knee-jerk reactions to posts,
and then others do the same and the whole thing spirals. Thin end of the
wedge.  It does and can happen.
There are a lot of posts at the moment, as I am sure you have noticed.  This
list is a bit different from other places - from newsgroups, bulletin boards
and some other lists - and the quality of the posts iand the niceness of the
people is what has made sinister
strong.

One list rule which I had forgotten is please, if you see something
funny, please include as part of a mail, rather than just forwarding the
mail.
Similarly, references to gigs, replies to a small number of people.   I
don't want to get at anyone in particular (some older listees will be
shaking their heads at this - heard it all before), but as new people join,
sometimes we need to restate things.  Honey has had lots of mails in the
past, pleading with her to do stuff to stop some of the things which are now
included in the list rules now, which is why they exist.  A list is a very
very delicate thing, and it can be so easy for it go bad, and this has
happened on hundreds of lists.  So please, please, think before you post.
The mails are going out to over a thousand people

I will be hiding at the gigs now...and I wish I looked like the bespectacled
fox in the sillistrations. One day I probably will.

Oh, I had another listen to Jonathan David and maybe I was too harsh.  Honey
says it sounds like a Stuart song? So when Stevie sings it, it sounds odd.
Or is it Stevie trying to write like Stuart?  He needs tying down, that boy.

Linda
SLM
xxx