Sinister: Sarcasm is rubbish.

Gordon gogron at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 8 13:22:43 BST 2001

The subject line is a quote from the Mr. PY Chu. A rather fine line,
methinks. I plan to tread it, in intent not unlike Richard Long (who
makes installation artworks comprising photos of country walks he's made
in the form of reproduced maps and photos and stones collected in a
circle on the floor (like a pagan 'consecrated place'/clearing in the
forest/ space on life's journey) or, if we admit *telephone line* Sol
LeWitt. Capitalise the W for added fun [ real name Sol Lewitt].
O, the intelligence and humour/huey of the sun, beaming over the
telephone. He telephones instructions from New York, and people in
consequence paint ordered series of lines on walls; white-painted cubic
timber-skeleton cities on the floor and, increasingly, patches of
complex hues on the walls, presumably done via a series of overlays of
acted-upon references to a colour chart (users of programs such as
photoshop will be familiar with the hue/saturation/brightness concept
which arrives as a series of numbers and makes pretty patches on the
screen).

Here'Say are interviewed on Radio 1, and do seem to be producing some
finely produced pop. Heresy is merely against the soberly (without
passion) re-elected government. The dj fancies Susy.

I was given half a pint of wine in a tumbler by an (*the(e)*)
actress/barmaid at the French the first time I went there, in London's
Soho: I asked for 'red wine; a large one please' so she smiled and
emptied half a bottle into this large glass tumbler. I kept going back.
The manager, escorting me out the door one night said to me: 'Not
everyone likes you, but you're always very polite, and so you're always
welcome back' so they're like, my family down south. I occassionally pop
in between flights to impress them.

There are hush hush rumours of a possible Camera Obscura/Dudley
Corporation joint gig. But I'll say no more because I know no more, but
it would be good.

I have to re-make a compilation tape and, thankfully have already made a
track-listing, so I can pick up the CD's in the right order. The
previous one I listen to alot but, unfortunately, a lovely but rather
scratchy recording of a Portugese love song is bleeding into the Arctic
waters of a Hector Zazou/Bjork track I recorded over it. So I'll do the
whole thing again.

I seem to be making an elaborated bullet-pointed list to the sinister
list, and I fear recriminations for its lack of consequence.
So I shall stop, and send it anyway. Like the tape.

Which will be carried by a variety of transports to another part of the
world: a concept of which I am fond, along with the idea of a Camera
Obscura/Dudley Corporation joint gig.

I shall be at the Glasgow picnique. I'll be the scary silent one lost
amongst all the other scary silent ones, attempting to forget imagined
images projected over the internet.

I suggest Peter Miller calls Ally96 on his mobile for directions to the
lower entrance/exit of the Kelvingrove underground (clockwork orange:
ref to the refurbishment of the line in the same year as the
Burgess/Kubrick collaboration came out on screen with music by
Walter/Wendy Carlos (after Beethoven) from his vantage point in, who
knows? Catalonia? The Saracen's Head? A&E?

Better shut up about, say, 9 paragraphs back.
2 and I'd get away with Here'say. But it would never be enough :)

Gordon.