Sinister: Here we go again, askin' where I've been

Julie jules at xxx.cx
Mon Jun 11 12:17:55 BST 2001

Good morning!
It appears that last July 11th I made a POP PREDICTION!  I posted:
"Lately I've been having fantasies about Belle & Sebastian covering
Suspicious Minds, and I'm a bit worried about my sanity. How great would it
be though?"
Then, running across that song on a mix md again the other day, I tittered
to myself.  Then, I came home and went to #sinister and Gav told me that
they'd played it!  I AM the Miss Cleo of Pop!
Trousers claims they played it at Bowlie but I was not at Bowlie so I
certainly could not have known that.  I stand behind the fact that I had a
PSYCHIC VISION of a show that would occur 11 months in the future!
Surrogate List Mum Linda said:
"- no tension on stage and Isobel's hair was especially shiny."
You know what makes a good hair conditioner?  SPUNK.  It's high in protein,
makes hair shiny.  Also, it may explain the sweat on the keyboard.
I'd like to agree with Linda that the Sopranos should be required reading!
Whenever someone mentions the Sopranos, I think of that book and not the
stupid tv show on HBO.  Once, standing behind Edie Falco in line at Tower
Video, the checkout girl said "Oh, you're on the Sopranos!" and I dropped my
copy of Smash Hits.  I calmed down when I realized she was not a Scottish
school girl.  Has anyone seen the miniseries that was made of the book??
The only BBC miniseries I ever manage to see star a fresh-faced Ewan
Mcgregor.  That one where he wanted to get it on with Napoleon was really
weird.
The second season of Popstars in the US is going to feature a band with both
boys and girls, and as far as I know this will be the first high profile
American-born mixed sex band to take on the Billboard top 100.  Being the
good budding journalist that I am, I swiped a DAT player and mic from school
and went to the open call auditions to see what the wannabes thought about
this.  The resounding reaction was:  "I just don't want to end up like S
Club 7!"  To which I say, why?!  One of my main goals in life is to end up
like S Club 7, although not like Rachel, she's flaky.  No one mentioned
Steps, or Hear'say.  What a bunch of losers.
Jay posted about finding Camera Obscura on Winmx, but it was probably the
wrong Camera Obscura.  It seems the only Camera Obscura mp3 in existence
belongs to ME (Swimming Pool) and no one has ever downloaded it from me.
The other day I bought a copy the Re-Rewind
single (for 99 cents!), and it said it was by "Artful Dodger UK".  In
keeping with the tradition of bands tacking a UK onto the end of their
names, I will now refer to the Scottish Camera Obscura as COUK.  COUK is
gleefully close to COCK.
Jonathan David comes out in the US tomorrow.  Hooray!  I've prepared my
sleeping bag and will be spending the evening on the sidewalk in front of
Other Music.
Remember the NYC picnic, my dear friends.  This is not the last you'll hear
from me.

xoxo
Julie