Sinister: LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA! (and Dunfermline)

Linda Kerr lulou at xxx.org
Tue Jun 12 18:54:57 BST 2001

Hotdottir said:

> Ian - I know you meant no harm, but I guess the reason no-one is
discussing
> concerts yet is because not all of us have seen them yet (?!)
>
> Sorry to sound like a geek or a nark, but if you've seen the gig and the
> band were fab/bad/dressed like Roman gladiators/whatever, please don't
mail
> the list yet - it might spoil the surprise.

Could I suggest that people posting about gigs mention this fact in the
subject line?  I am sorry, but I do want to hear about other gigs and many
other people do as well, although I have observed that enthusiasm in
recalling the gigs in #sinister is met with stony silence or expressions of
pain, even hatred.    Those who don't wish to find out about them can press
that cute fluffy delete button.  I don't want to wait until they have toured
central America before I hear how Perth was (hint, hint).

A Belle and Sebastian list where we don't discuss the only thing they have
done for ages??? Tsk tsk.  It does look as if they are changing their
clothes between gigs.  Whew!  But not the set list (not so good...especially
for the three Americans who are going to EVERY SINGLE GIG). They are the
reason St*art faltered at the start of Fox in the Snow.  He was
self-conscious that they knew what he was going to sing and habitually sit
in the front row.  Bless them.#sinister

Oh, and Jonathan David is an extremely good song.  I have changed my mind.
Stevie is now in tune. You heard it here first.

Linda
xx
In loco parentis (maternis?)