Sinister: Cliff would like it. That's what matters, right?

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Tue Jun 12 19:09:29 BST 2001

Hello boys and girls.

How are we all? Good. I'm okay. I had one of those days when little things
make you quite pleased. I was eating a KitKat at lunch, and one of the
fingers didn't have any biscuit in it and so it was just pure chocolate,
which was actually a really nice surprise. Okay, I'll stop. I'm just writing
to say a few things that I've been saving to put in one decently-sized post
as opposed to lots of little possets of one-liners.

David Moore said something about being surprised about liking the new SFA
single. I too think it's absolutely fab - another new direction from those
loveable chaps. I might be a bit biased though - I love the SFAs to bits.

On the subject of new singles, I've just heard the new Cast <<shudders>>
single on the radio, and it's actually quite alright (cue the sound of 1000
sinisterines clicked delete simultaneously). They've gone funk! No jokes,
they've got a sampled, looping brass hookline, and it sounds quite nice. I
wouldn't spend £2.99 on it though. Unless it was on really nice vinyl...

The new Beta Band record is also flipping brilliant, if you like the Beta
Band.

Ken and Megan - I too was tantalised on Monday by expecting to waltz into
the VShop and pick up my copy of JD. I hate it when I do that.

Has anyone else heard the advert on xfm for The Best Of The Smiths? It's got
the Emperor John Peel talking over the top, but he sounds like he's trying
to be really enthusiastic and !R!A!W!K!, but you can hear that in between
every breath he's being shown a fat cheque just to keep him talking. It's
really quite funny. Well I think so anyway.

That's all really. Quite uneventful, although I think Cliff Richard would be
interested, so I'll click send nonetheless. Only two weeks till the RAH gig,
and I've got Kings Of Convenience before then, which will also be very very
beautiful. I'm excited

Right then, love to all...

S.x

P.S. Haven't heard much from Peter Carter recently. Just an observation.