No subject

marikka ettirgam at xxx.com
Wed Jun 13 15:35:46 BST 2001

Ordinarily, I would try to catch up on the messages,
but I think I might drown if I try.  Instead I shall
rant.  Yesterday was horrid, nearly pure evil.  Not
only was work a complete and total terror, but the
drivers on the way there seemed as if they actually
did want to end my life, and I don't even live in
Boston where people just naturally drive like that.
Oh, but I nearly yelled at a superior.  He deserved to
be yelled at, but I like my job on most days.  Anyway,
the man is balding, wears a rather thick gold chain,
keeps his always tacky shirt open far too much, and is
just rude to most people.  And yesterday I couldn't
take it.  Afterwards, I was ready to fight though.  I
miss my boss, he wouldn't let that happen, but he
deserves a vacation I suppose.  And all my officemate
could do was laugh and then ask me questions about
"Fight Club."

Then I return home to the thought that the night might
be pleasant.  I talk to my best friend online, only to
have her try and make me feel guilty about her journey
to Japan.  If she was going for herself, I wouldn't
have a problem with it, but she is following a man who
will only break her heart, and I am just rather tired
of picking up the pieces.  And picking up the pieces
while she's in Japan and I'm in California makes it
miserable.  I don't think I can do it this time.
Maybe the friendship is feeling the test of distance,
which is strange because another friend of mine is in
Mongolia, and we have never been closer.

So, I decided to go to my room and write, but I
couldn't write.  All I did was think about how
miserable I was because of the day's events.  Then I
tried to read, but books on pesticides are not very
uplifting.  So, I went to bed with Tigermilk playing,
and woke up to it as well.  Maybe today will be
better.

Anyway, I do remember an email regarding, I think it
was, "Pearl Harbor."  All I can say is that the movie
was so forgettable and so boring that I am really
doubting the existence of the grand Hollywood epic.
Nothing is grand in Hollywood.  And I do not know how
to feel about Sigur Ros appearing in all of my record
stores.  If the record stores in Stockton, California
have the album, I am terrified for the band.  I was
already worried about the amount of Belle and
Sebastian I found, but I have noticed that no one has
touched the section except me when I check to see if
it has been touched.  And the true travesty is that
"Swordfish" is the new number one movie in America.
Haven't people learned that John Travolta movies
aren't really worth much lately?  Am I the only one
who remembers "Battlefield Earth?"

Take care.
Marikka.