Sinister: muscly lips and Dunfermline bits

Will Salt wpsalt at xxx.com
Wed Jun 13 19:42:55 BST 2001

Um, hello.  There might be a bit about Dunfermline below, so don't read on
if you don't want to.

In fact, I just want to say that the Dunfermline gig was luuuuuurvely in
all the best ways.  I hope this doesn't make the rest of you all *too*
jealous.  There didn't seem to be that many list people there, though,
mostly just all the other people who have already posted to say how lovely
it was.  Oh, and there was some woman from Birmingham, too.

ListMummyLinda said that Belfast Bob was cute.  She is right, as usual.
Then again, *all* the band are cute in one way or another.  Well, they are
if you ask me.

(you can tell i'm still excited that I've seen Belle and Sebastian play
live, can't you! even two days later! Woooo!)

(WOOOOO!)

Incidentally, I discovered that my bee-atch flatmate is *scared* of
Sinister people!   I had an extremely Sinister person stay over in my
spare bedroom after the gig, and my flatmate hid as soon as she heard us
come in the door.  Afterwards, she kept asking things like "were they
psychos, then?"  I shouldn't have told her that the person in question
came from Falkirk; that probably made it worse.

Yes, the old man with the Sousaphone is cute, too.  I preferred the
clarinettist, though, cos I'm one myself.  Well, i used to be.  My lips
are all slack now, though.  I thought it was a shame that lots of people
stayed in the bar during the support act -- OK, you *might* have spotted
me there yourself, but I only nipped out for a minute to buy some badges.

The funny thing is that the flatmate is scary herself.  Well, I'm scared
of her.  She takes advantage of my gullibility to make me lend her money.
She has none of her own, cos she's too much of a lazy-assed bee-atch to
sort herself out and tell the student loans people to stop taking it off
her.

Sorry, I'm ranting.  I shall have to get a Proper Job, then I can start
dropping hints that she moves out.

Lots of people keep saying they're going to the Picnic on saturday.  So
many, I'm scared and I might not go myself.  I'll be terrified.  If i do
go, though, i'm going to bake some cookies.  Don't touch me if you're
allergic to nuts or something.

I amused myself, getting off the train at Dunfermline Town station, trying
to spot all the gig-going people who didn't have a clue where they were
and what way to go.  I wanted to shout to them all: "The Carnegie Hall's
*this* way!"  I think some of them might have followed us anyway -- not
only were we *obviously* B+S fans, but we looked like we knew where we
were going!

Playing the clarinet *does* give you muscly lips, honestly.  Gah, I wish I
had them all nicely toned still.

Don't touch me if you're a vegan, either.  I use butter when i'm baking.

She's nasty to the cat too.  "Evil bitch-cat from hell!" she says.

OK, I wasn't *too* sure where I was going, but I think I found the
almost-shortest route there.  It was nice and scenic, anyhow, and we had
to stand outside for ages waiting for the doors to open anyhow.

DING!

Ooh, there goes the timer.  I can stop writing now.

The flatmate is out tonight, so I can lounge on the sofa in my favourite
clothes listening to Belle and Sebastian.  Reason B) to get a Proper Job:
getting a proper stereo too.  After all, there's nothing on the telly.

I'm still not sure if Stuart M is cuter.  He gets extra Cute Points for
definitely being in the band, though.  And his dancing just makes me
smile.

The cat's cute, too.  Far too cute to be *nasty* to.

I think i'd better be going.  I've said *far* too much nonsense now.

love
xx
gneissy

--