Sinister: san francisco, b&s, laura llew, mogwai, pop fantasy, and more...

adevens at xxx.edu adevens at xxx.edu
Thu Jun 14 06:02:06 BST 2001

hi all,

soooooo, i wrote this before but it doesn't seem to have gotten
through so here i am writing it again and i know it won't turn out
anywhere near as good the second time. as a result i'm asking that all
of you, at some point, close your eyes (hard to do while reading i
know) and try to imagine the original post in all its glory and
brilliance. thank you.

i haven't written for ages again, mostly cause i was in
fabulous-seattle, then even-more-fabulouser-ohio, then
not-quite-as-fabulous-but-far-more-fun-san-francisco which is where i
am now spending the summer in art school.

i've now met my first pre-sinistereen, she lives in my building and
she loves b&s, i'm trying to get her to join but i'm not sure she's
ready for this all yet. for one thing she doesn't have a computer ;-(

i have now also played DDR and tried red bull, both for the first
time. i loved one (thanks julie) and didn't like the other at all
(sorry ken) but now i can't wait to go to the uk and see how much
better you all are then me at it.

*** ACTUAL CONTENT (if you live in sf) ***
i'm organizing an sf picnic for all of us here, i am thinking we could
have it either the 23rd or the 30th. if all interested parties could
please email me and let me know which would be better that would be
just great ;-)

oh, and everyone in the sf bay area should go to pop fantasy cause
tons of great bands, including the lucksmiths and the aislers set are
apparently playing, http://www.2001popfantasy.com/. if enough of us
are going we can all go or meet together ;-)

the fabulous (word of the day?) laura llew (whom i love more then i
can possibly count) and i are having a b&s gig in her bedroom in north
carolina, and none of you are invited ;-P. well, actually, there is
one open spot for a luck attendee but you have to sit on a possibly
leather chair and you need to prove yourself worthy. my suggestion is
to enter the amazing transatlantic mix tape contest and try to
convince her llewness of your extreme worthiness and wonder. all sales
final. the management is not responsible for personal injury or lost
property. thank you for your patronage.

i saw mogwai on saturday which was great, even my gf liked it which
means she now likes at least one band that we can agree on (she hates
b&s, it's so sad). the concert was all amazing but the end was a bit
weird. someone stole something off the stage and dominic got very amd
and chased him off and the drummer kicked over his set and they all
walked off stage. well all except one guy who kept everything going
for a bit until he walked off too and the guitar techs had to end the
show. it was neet.

love and um.... kugel?
arik