Sinister: Oxford Picnic!! (and stuff)

Hewitt, Stephen shewitt at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 14 16:39:52 BST 2001

ello babies

here are the final details for the fantastic oxford picnic...

Date:  Saturday 23 June
Time:  2pm
Meeting type place:  The Plain, outside the offie or in "Pub, Oxford" if
raining (well, you've got to get your priorities right, haven't you ;))

Once people have arrived we will saunter up St Clements to South Park
(insert inevitable "ohmigawd, they killed kenny" reference here), and we
shall sit at the top of the hill, do picnic stuff and gaze at the dreaming
spires.  If anyone knows of a top quality hayfever remedy that isn't
counteracted by consuming alcohol, i'd be very grateful, as i may spend the
afternoon sneezing and moaning about going to sit in a nice airtight pub if
i don't have one.  Anyway, if you fancy coming drop me a line and i'll tell
you how to get there if you are an out-of-towner (it's dead easy for
londoners, cos the magic bus stops on st clements).

I must say all of these gig reports are making me even more excited than i
was anyway, and i fear i may be sick with envy come monday morning from
reading about all the glasgae shenanigans (not that me, glasgow and sick
have anything else in common).

Also I hearby issue an ultimatum to Swells. 3pm outside the !R!A!H! me and
you, 2 hits, i hit you, you hit the floor, you sad old bald one trick
pony...

Brenda Corporatewhore ;) said:

anyone else like the moldy peaches?

to which i utter a resounding YES!!!  Saw them on Tuesday with the strokes
(who were dull and boring) and they kicked such serious ass, this is my idea
of a new acoustic movement, "who's got the crack" indeed...

Also at The Strokes were Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood (no big surprise
there) and James Dean Bradfield and KATE MOSS who stood next to Mrs
Carsmile, who later declared that Ms Moss wasn't really "all that"

Also lovely to see some old names reappearing from lurkerdom, welcome back.

Also if i can find the other day's grauniad i'll scan in the pic of struan.
Speaking of which, i have the rest of my ATP photos to scan in too, which
i'll get around to at some point in the near future.

I also have the friday of !R!A!H! off, wasn't that Sam Walton meant to be
organising something for the afternoon? (sorry Sam)

xoxo
CarsmileSteve

little whining appeal for help bit:  If there is anyone out there who knows
of any lists for ppl coming to Oxford for the Radioheed gig, could you let
me know cos i want to plug our indie nite to anyone arriving early.