Sinister: picnix/swells

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Thu Jun 14 22:35:53 BST 2001

hello.

Two posts in quick succession - this is getting a bit eager...

Anyway, I was just going to write some assinine ramble about Swells, but
I'll do that after I've got "content" out of the way.

CarsmileSteve wrote:
>>I also have the friday of !R!A!H! off, wasn't that Sam Walton meant to be
>>organising something for the afternoon?
Indeed, indeed. Back in May I volunteered to be picnic mummy for a pre-gig
gathering on 29th. So here are the details:

I reckon it's best if we meet by the Albert Memorial at 2pm. That way we can
drink/play footie (my leg is okay-ish now) and generally be twee, before
storming the RAH on the very second that the doors open. For those people
who don't know what the Albert Memorial is, it's a 100ft high gold statue of
Prince Albert and it's totally impossible not to notice. It's slap bang
opposite the RAH too, as this handy map demonstrates:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?grid2map?X=526569&Y=179893&arrow=N&zoom=1

Lovely. So yeah, normal picnic rules apply. I'll be the tall lanky one with
a twisted nerve badge on his jacket, hopefully standing next to a smaller
girl, also with a twisted nerve badge and a clash badge on her jacket. 29th
June. 2pm. Miss it, miss out. Anyone in any doubt, send me an email
(samwaltonyeah at hotmail.com), and I'll have my mobile with me (078-6684-1757)
on the day. Perhaps we could invite Swells.

I have a theory about Swells. I reckon that he's kept in a gimp cellar in a
dungeon underneath the NME offices, only allowed out when a B&S record is
released, so that he can slate it. What else has he written about in the
last year? I like him though. He makes me laugh.

ArtsyDeco said:
>>Sam walton (yeah) I believe mentioned that we hadn't
>>heard anything from Peter Carter in a while.  That is because I have been
>>keeping him busy.  Rarr!
Well it's good to see that Peter's gardening skills are being put to good
use. I hear that Kara's back yard was in a real mess, and only someone with
Carter's green fingers could handle it. But it's good to see that the
horticulture is still keeping him busy.

I've decided, after about a month of pondering, that I really love the new
Air record, even if it does sound a little bit like Pink Floyd, although PF
are alright too.

That's all.

See you all on the 29th,

love