Sinister: NYC picnic tomorrow! Directions, etc.

Julie jules at xxx.cx
Fri Jun 15 17:00:16 BST 2001

Okay, so the picnic is tomorrow!!!  Therefore, it is time for directions and
such.
The picnic is in the same spot as last time, and Miss Print gave me a little
help utilizing the archive to see how I gave directions last time:
"Do you know how to get to the
Metropolitan Museum of Art? If you don't and you can't figure it out,
email me. From the Met, walk down one of the pathways into Central Park on
either side of the building. You'll come to a silly archy thing. Trot
through the archy thing. On the right will be the Obelisk, which has
always served as a highly unnecessary phallic symbol in the park, if you
ask me. Walk straight down the path and to the left will be a little
splotch of grass and trees where we will be picnicking. This splotch is in
the southeast corner of the Great Lawn, above the turtle pond, in case
you're coming from another direction. "
I attempted to draw a map of this, but it was abysmal.  You're all smart,
you'll figure it out.
The Met is most easily reached by subway on the 4, 5, or 6 trains.  Although
metmuseum.org seems convinced the 86th St stop is closest, 77th St works
just as well.
My cell phone number is 917 375 6875, so feel free to call me with any
questions or if you get lost (even if you're a total stranger).  Heavy
breathers welcome, but please no Canadians.
The picnic begins at 2ish and goes on til whenever we get tired of each
other/it rains/Will Porter shows up (which should be no earlier than 6).
Later on some of us have decided to go see Kiki & Herb, if you'd like to
join in on that action call for reservations at Fez, 212 533 2680.  Please
bring food, drink, party favors, or puppies, and don't forget to wish Matt
Hintz a happy belated birthday.
In other news, I really want a pair of purple Puma roller skates.  Sigh.
Hope to see you tomorrow!

xoxo
Julie