Sinister: What're the odds of getting to a gig? Well, the same as successfully navigating an asteroid field, darling!

Intellectualvoid at xxx.com Intellectualvoid at xxx.com
Fri Jun 15 18:23:48 BST 2001

Why hello, Sinister!  I'm re-emerging from my dark corner, and for no good reason at all, except to share in the general on-line revelry and debauchery.

I must say, although I am terribly excited about the CD already being released here in the states, I can't say that I think it's at all fair.  The band's from Scotland, shouldn't you lot have it first?  Although I agree that since I can't get to a show, the CD seems adequate compensation.  Well, nevermind.  It would appear that I actually have no solid opinion on it at all.

I'm writing from work, since you were so kind to ask.  I work too fast.  I've been duly reprimanded.  I've been told to slow down; there's not enough work.  Now, that's constructive criticism I can honestly enjoy.  So, now I pace myself.  File, cruise the net, shred, download mp3's, make a packet, order a book online.  You know.  Pace.  A NICE four-letter word.

Do you want to hear a NASTY four-letter word?  Math.  Shh.  Keep it quiet. It's pure evil.  I have an 84%, and dammit that's not good enough.  I am become an overachiever.  I ask myself sometimes, when has a B (a fucking B)in math not been good enough?  Well, comes the disembodied response, since. . . NOW.  And that's usually where the conversation ends.  Luckily. It could
end up in a mental catfight, and I could do some serious membrane damage, so I think I've gotten off easy.

AND SINCE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT OF CARS LATELY. . .

Unfortunately, Chuckie (my jeep) is terminally ill.  I don't have a formal diagnosis as of yet, but he had a bypass a few weeks ago (catalytic converter thing, you know) and he's having lung trouble (I can't use fucking air at all anymore).  Also, he's been having serious palpitations (I think this may be evidence of the serious engine trouble the mechanics hinted at).  As a matter of fact, he's quite beaten up.  I hope he hangs in there a bit longer; perhaps my enduring love for him will suffice to keep him going.  But, I think it's unlikely.  I'm taking him in for a transfusion this afternoon (oil).  We'll see how it goes.  As I know I have your complete sympathy and concern, I'll be sure to keep you updated on the tense situation.

And with that, the reserves of wit are exhausted. Keep sending in fully detailed reports of the gigs, please!  Please!  Vicarious living is my style these days.

sloppy kisses,
Shannon.