Sinister: You were Jonathan to Stuart David

Will Salt wpsalt at xxx.com
Sun Jun 17 17:06:51 BST 2001

Um, the past two days.  Belle and Sebastian gig! Sinister picnic! Another
Belle and Sebastian gig!

I haven't calmed down yet.  I don't think it's sunk in yet.

Lots of people have already posted long posts about how wonderful
everything was, so there's not much point in me trying to do the same,
even if i could remember everything that happened to me and what order it
happened in.

Friday afternoon; everybody was meeting up in a pub by Central Station.
Me, john, sweetie, karolyne and adam met a small crowd of people which
soon changed into a very large crowd of people.  I was scared and didn't
talk to anyone, but eventually we went to the GIG!  which was wonderful
and lovely and brilliant and all those words.

Saturday morning: i tried to get back to glasgow.  The trains weren't
running.  Arse.  I trundled about scotland on a variety of trains and
coaches, got to Queen Street station late, without time to buy food and
panicking.  Me and john rushed to the underground, and managed to get
there before everybody else.  To kill time, we rode up and down the
escalators for a bit.

Eventually, of course, another big huge scary crowd of people arrived.
However, this time they weren't as frightening, which was nice.  We sat on
a hill and ate; well, most people did, some just rolled down it.
Apparently, it was the biggest Sinister picnic ever ever ever in recorded
history.

Some mad people went off to play football.  Others just sat around,
talked, and got snogged by Sunnyset's lovely dog.  Eventually everybody
wandered off and colonised a different pub, where we sat around in wee
groups and talked before drifting into eastbound taxis.  And we got to the
gig, which was even better than before.  Friday night might have had
Stuart's onstage arrest and a special guest visit from Monica Queen, but
Saturday had a little furry highland coo that mooed, *two*
audience-request songs, and even an encore, of all things.

And then, I had to wander back through glasgow and get the train back home
again.  And that was it.  All over.  I couldn't sleep, of course.

Incidentally, there was a rumour going round that there was a boy at the
picnic with his hair in pigtails.  I'm sure this must be a myth, because
*i* definitely didn't see anyone that looked like that.  ;-)

right, that's me.

love
xx
gneissy

(oh, the subject line -- it got sung at one point last night by one of
those lovely chaps onstage.  ok? )

--
Will Salt
ICQ 66321009