Sinister: strange weekends.

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Sun Jun 17 16:41:59 BST 2001

Greetings.

A little note about myself - perhaps 1400 people won't want to read it
(though Cliff may be interested), but I'll write it nonetheless, since some
people may be able to empathise.

I spent the weekend with my girlfriend. I've had a strange weekend. On
Friday I had a lovely time with my friends and my girlie in Camden, and all
was lovely. We drank beer and strange jugs of stranger cocktails, although I
was a little nervous because it was the first time that my friends had met
my girlfriend. But it went fine. We went home, and everything was
ridiculously lovely.

Then Saturday was one of those bizarre days. We woke up, and everything
started to go wrong. My acoustic guitar was in the wrong place when a heavy
object chose to fall over, and the guitar got a dent right on the binding.
That was scary, but it's just a cosmetic dent, apparently - no sound quality
loss. But that put me on edge, made me a bit jittery. We spent the afternoon
watching Glastonbury 1998 footage, which was really fun, actually.
Nostalgia. Then I said that I'd make dinner, and then things went horribly
wrong in every way. I overcooked this, undercooked that, and forgot to cover
this or season that, and I felt really shit, because I'd fucked up a recipe
that I normally do brilliantly, and I'd already told me girlie that I was
okay at cooking. It just pissed me off and made me really tearful. And then
the fact that I was being irrationally tearful made me tearful even more,
and it was horrid. She was lovely to me, but I just felt really despairing
and shit. We watched The Shawshank Redemption in the evening, which is a
film I really like, and which is good at pulling me from bad-feeling, but
even so I was glad when I fell asleep at the end of that day, because it had
been horrible.

Today was better. We just lazed round the house, then she had to go. I told
her I was sorry and thanked her for understanding, but I still felt wrong.
We listened to the Avalanches album (truly fab) and the new BranVan3000
record, which has some gorgeous songs on it.

The whole weekend had some very B&S bits to it. Friday was "My Wandering
Days Are Over" all the time, and then Saturday was "Get Me Away From Here,
I'm Dying", and well, it was just stressful, but the whole blow was softened
by girl and music.

Hmmm... I've kinda forgotton what the point of the story was. In the words
of Price, "I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray".

Anyway, thank you for listening. I think one of the great things about
Sinister is the fact that people can get things out in the open. This has
been a very cathartic exercise. This will probably be the most list-abuse
you'll ever hear from me.

love

S.x