Sinister: Virtually Glasgow

Hewitt, Stephen shewitt at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 18 13:27:35 BST 2001

ello babies

I must say I thought Monica Queen was fantastic on friday nite, although the
sound quality on Saturday wasn't nearly as good, kept breaking up, and i
only talked to 5 people at the picnic, and most of that was bitching, at
least being two (three?) hundred and whatever miles away I didn't get a wet
bum from sitting on damp grass...

Ah yes, the wonders of mobile telephony.  I shall never again look askance
at someone holding a mobile up at a gig, although anyone watching me dance
around the kitchen like a fool during LLPJ, phone clamped twixt ear and
shoulder must have thought i was a bit potty, Mrs Carsmile certainly did...

And if only i'd got jooliewoolie's post before leaving work on friday, i
could've been at the Nude York picnic too, that would've been good, beneath
the giant phallus.

So big !P!R!O!P!S! are due to Mr Cabbage and Mr Cassarotto for their phone
wielding skills.

Right I'm off to HMV (with birthday voucher, i hasten to add, support your
local friendly independant record shop i say) for the purchasing of jonathan
D.  Now, should i listen to it on the crappy speakers in my office computer
surrounded by the ppl i work with going "what's this" "belle and who?" etc
or wait til i get home, decisions decisions...

And don't forget

Thursday:  Sussed, Oxford
Saturday:  Picnic, Oxford

those of you who can't be there, be virtually there via the wonders of
modern technology :)

xoxo
CarsmileSteve