Sinister: i thought it was braw (glasgoo)

Ken Chu kenchu at xxx.com
Mon Jun 18 13:55:14 BST 2001

Hello,

I was trying to write a post about the affairs (heh) that happened in Glasgow,
but as I tried to think I couldn't really remember much, apart from things
like...

- arriving to glasgoooo on friday, and already was told to go to a pub, mmmmm
DRINKS, which sets the theme for the whole weekend.

- at the pub met up with friends and families (well, mummies), and got a phone
call from my mate from home who got my degree result for me, and I am a clever
bastard and I got a first!!  Yay!  That sets the mood for the whole weekend.

- was meant to meet up with the guy who had my ticket, waited for an hour but
couldn't manage to meet him nor hear from him nor imagine what he looks like
nor anything at all.  Which was not very nice, and so had to continue a 3-hour
long seek for a ticket for Friday from that rival band to Steps, finally got
one from the band manager type guy who was great and sold me a ticket for 12
pounds, he didn't show us his arse for a pound tho.

- after getting a ticket to the gig, I decided that going to the gig would be
an idea, and went to the gig, and it was rather good with Belle & Sebastian in
it, I dunno what you are all talking about Isobel is lovely and her arse
althought not as nice as mine is still fantarsetic, she didn't show us her
arse for a pound either.

- then went to the after gig party, and drank stuff, then went to the after
gig party partick, after waiting for a taxi for a bluddy hour, and drank more
stuff, and watched some weird scottish bands videoes, and then went to kip
after babbling drunken stuff about a football field and safeways carparks (god
knows), I didn't show anyone my arse for a pound but I probably would have if
someone asked.

- woke up feeling a bit sinister, and went to the sinister picnic, on our way
there we went past a church but I couldn't see no ministers, but chances are
he thought it was better to play with himself.  The picnic was great and
people talked to each other and some went to play with a football, we then
went to the pub before the gig, some people played with a pool cue, while some
stroked the balls, so everyone was happy.

- going to the gig thinking that it would be just like the day before, but it
wasn't, when they played "we ruled the school" for some strange reason it made
me feel that my life is really shit and I felt really emotional, but for some
even more strange reason then i remembered how much i loved belle and
sebastian and thought that was the best gig in the world ever.

- all the beautiful chords and sounds were too much for me and I felt a wee
drop of tear around my peepers.

- went to the after gig party, at the art school, which was a 4893 mile walk
away, which isn't fun after running around like a loon in football in the
afternoon, but made it, and had a great time, and some boys and girls seemed
to also have a good time, playing with each other, I didn't see any pool cues
tho, I thought it was rude to look.

- then sunday we chilled in a pub for lunch and drinks, and watched folks
playing folk music in this pub called uclkejqqr bertha, which was named after
a girl called Bertha who was an alcoholic and drank loads of whisky.  We, on
behalf of Steven Wells donated £6.17 to some guy in the pub who was planning
to do a Parachute-jump for charity, well done Steven you have finally done
something right.

- The whole weekend was rounded off when everyone buggered off home and me and
calumn dobber and PF paid a tribute to the time when before B&S got famous, by
recreating "My Wondering Days Are Over" and a few other classics on a 1/2
tuned piano and 1 guitar with 2 strings missing and 3 harmonious voices, which
was delightfully mixed to perfection by Beck's lager, the piano didn't sound
detuned to us.

So, in summery, I saw them on friday, took them for a drink on saturday, and
then something or other on the other days and we chilled on sunday.

Can't wait until I get back to Milton Keynes on Wednesday, cos scotland is
rubbish and I get to see Limp Bizkit in MK on Saturday.

Isobel's Bum and Red Bulls
Ken
P.S.: I haven't mentioned many names but I do remember every single one of you
I talked to, I think, so feel warm and get the "aww ken remembered me" feeling
anyways, hmm if you were one of those girls who were snogging me whilst i was
in the memory lapse um I'm sorry but you'll have to try harder to make an
impression next time.