No subject

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Tue Jun 19 09:24:09 BST 2001

Dear Sinister,

I was in Glasgow for the saturday night. For some reason I thought doing
London-Manchester on friday, followed by Manchester-Glasgow on saturday and
Glasgow-London (via coach-a lenghty mistake) on sunday was a good idea.
It wasn't. But the gig was fantastic. "All the hits and more" as the B&S
best of might have tagged onto it one day.

I was actually in the Sarcens Head before the gig. Interesting pub. There
was a Kareoke type DJ setting up and he started to play Paul McCartney and
the Lighthouse family. Which was bad. But then, when he had set up his drum
machine etc he left Tigermilk on to play- much to the general astonishment
of the indie kids in there. And the distaste of the locals.
What a grate marketing ploy it was too. Like a siren on the rocks to the
doomed sailor the indie kids were drawn in one by one. Only to be accosted
by the locals and drawn into drunken conversations.
I made my excuses (general health and safety being paramount) and left to go
to the gig.

Take your Carriage clock makes me want to cry. But then again that might be
related to the fact that all of the work I did yesterday was wiped off an
excel spreadsheet for no reason at all other than computer stupidity.
And the fact that my heart is slowly being raked over hot coals by a woman
at work, who will then be nice to me for a week before ripping my heart out
again. It's like a boom and bust Tory economic policy but on a weekly basis.
I need a solid chancellor to sort this out.

Ho Hum.
I am gutted i missed the sinister picnic but i was late into glasgow and had
drop all my stuff off. oh well. I hear the football went well.

P a u l