Sinister: 6 Reasons Why My Life Sucks Right Now and Why I Can't Do Anything To Help It

Histrianic at xxx.com Histrianic at xxx.com
Tue Jun 19 14:05:58 BST 2001

As depressing and self-pitying as that headline sounds, and actually is, I must take a bit of time to rant of my current situation.  I'm sorry to anyone who feels I'm being self-indulgent and childish.

1. My favorite band in the entire world is doing a tour, and I'm missing every single show.  What's more, when inquired as to the possibility of a US tour, Mick replied "we're only doing the west coast later this year."  And I live (for the most of the year anyway) in Exeter, New Hampshire, which is... definitely not the west coast.  (The counter-bad news: Mick said he'd "definitely mention it to the others in the band" when I said "please, please, please, please, PLEASE come play at Exeter and make a little sad girl who's in love with you all happy.")  AND i cannot BELIEVE i missed stevie's rendition of "d'ya think i'm sexy", followed by a toy sheep noise.  i would have been telling the story to my grandkids.

2. I have been isolated from the rest of the world, only having human contact with my parents.  My mum, for the majority of it.  No social contact whatsoever.  All my friends are still in school/in a different city 6 hours away/in california/in canada/in pennsylvania and my mom seems hesitant to drive me anywhere.

3.  My parents' stereo is super-sensitive to scratches on CDs and will not play my Stones cd or hex enduction.  It keeps on skipping and doing silly things.  I, being extremely technology-ignorant and not knowing a thing about this gigantic machine that my parents bought about a decade ago, am afraid to touch anything other than the "play" and the "stop" button.

4.  My best friend Christina's computer is broken.  I have not talked to her in two weeks.  Since it's her computer, in Florida, about 14 hours flight from here, I can't do anything about it.

5.  I am going to China in two weeks, which means I will be stuck in this solitude for two more weeks.  Which also means I can't really find anything worthwhile doing. (i.e. find a job, attend summer classes, etc.)

6.  Will's going to Stratford in the fall, which means I won't get to see him for 6 more months.  He has somehow weaved himself so intricately into my life that I already miss him terribly, but of course I haven't made too great a contribution to *his* life and therefore he will be at stratford all happy and dandy by himself snogging with every girl he can.  grr.  (by the way, if anyone in stratford sees a tall, lanky, brown-haired, brown-eyed typical male (generally incomprehensible and prone to acts of stupiditiy) with an american accent, with a little transparent bubble about him that has a big sign saying "do not cross, i take 'living in your own world' to mean a literal thing", say hi.  that's will.)  And of couse, i can't do anything about this because i have no control over his actions, at least the big ones...  (i can make him wave hello and do silly things, but i can't stop him from going places..)

So that sums up my life in 6 (very long) bullet points.  I'm usually not as depressed and repressed as I sound here.  Honest.  (C'mon, you're talking to the girl who thinks david ives's "the philadelphia" is the most genius thing she ever saw... any sinister ives fans?)  erm.. yes.

cheers,
hye min
xoxo