Sinister: braggin about beeness, cool poems, and RESULTS!

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Wed Jun 20 14:41:19 BST 2001

Ian said:
"But it was very difficult this morning
not to
sound like an excited little girl when my work people
asked me how my
weekend had been, cause it was lots of fun. They
probably all think I'm
little bit sad now."

I know how that feels. I came back to uni, and I
spotted my pals. They looked at me. How was the gig?
they asked. That was Monday afternoon. I *think* I
stopped bleeting how brilliant the gig was some time
yesterday evening (tuesday). I'm not entirely sure.
I think I ought to do a sponsored "don't say the
beeness name!" thing for a week. That'll shut me up.
I'll have to think of something else to say. But no, I
won't. I gotta milk this story for a few more months
yet, cos its a rare thing, these gigs. You have to
savour them.. the fragrance before, the initial taste,
then the warm feeling in your belly afterwards, where
you lick your lips and sigh with contentment.

I saw this great poem today. I was waiting for the bus
(had been to buy Boots entire store of hayfever relief
thingys) and there was this dude there, with this
great big bit of card, with this poem written on it.

It was the best poem I've read in years. Get this
line, you lot:

"Terry says hes stopped playing the cryptic
crosswords, I know how he feels".

Sorry, but I was impressed. So I spoke to the poem man
there and then, and just told him how awestruck I was
by his poem. Its a poem about falling out of love, you
see, and it has this reference at the bottom, where
New Scientist reckoned that love was a mental illnes,
and lasts 18 months tops. And this guy was making some
sort of comment about falling out of love. It was
called "Exit Notes (moment of departure)". It was
trully fantastic. i've never been so dumbfounded and
astonished by poetry like that for such a long time.
I can't remember his name though. Hmm.

JP sesh was ace last night. Anyone off here enter the
beeness competition for tix to London?

Bet you ALL did, even if you've already seen them on
this tour!

Still, like I said, savour it.
Whens the next Beeness single out? Anyone know? Has it
got a title? What songs are on it?

I'm a little excitable today.

Oh, and my flatmate got her results. She got a 2:1,
the jammy babe. Their due out Friday, apparently. I
started shakign with fear for no apparent reason last
night when I heard its Friday. Or before Friday,
depending on when they manage to get them out. I've
put my pals on emergency Haagen Daz standby (chocolate
chip) incase it all goes dreadfully wrong. That way,
when I jump off the top of the uni building, it won't
take so long to fall, cos my extra weight and the
effects of gravity will assist.

Keep your knickers crossed and wish happy thoughts for
me. Alternatively, if anyone fancies calling UEA
(Norwich) and bribing them...

Cheers
Idles
xxxxx