Sinister: Peel Session Tunes

David White david at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 20 18:17:44 BST 2001

Well, those new tracks they played last night were pretty impressive were
they not?
I particularly liked 'The Magic of a Kind Word', although they're all pretty
good tunes.

For anybody who missed it or wants to hear the songs again, I recorded the
songs from digital satellite to computer and converted them to MP3 (the
sound quality is excellent!) and intend putting them up on my site
(www.belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk) next week once I have sorted out
some more webspace. I will post a message again when the MP3s are available
for download.

The new single is pretty good too. I'd never heard 'Jonathan David' until I
bought it and it's really good (in my opinion), a real grower. Not sure
about 'Carriage Clock', initial impression was one of indifference but I'll
give it more time, and of course 'Middle Distance Runner' is 'Middle
Distance Runner' so it couldn't be bad, although I still prefer the live
Tube version. It's a shame JD hasn't had more airplay on the radio cos I
think it could've done really well in the charts cos it's really catchy, but
hey, who cares about the charts anyway!

Typical, you wait ages for a new song and then 7 come along at once.

David White
david at belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk

site updates and news, send a blank email to
belleandsebastian-subscribe at listbot.com