Sinister: Take your revision notes and shove it

Sarahs socks shedgehog at xxx.com
Wed Jun 20 23:22:53 BST 2001

Its a long walk home.  They left our skis on the other side of the mountain.
  I think of the warm, lingering bath awaiting my return from this cold
expanse.  There's only a week or so left to go now and I still have to trek
through the hideous landscape, which lies brutal and daunting, beckoning me
into its cold crisp snare.

This how I feel at the moment.  I'm doing to much revision and its making me
spew out pretentious metaphors (I still have exams, everyone else is
finished, its not fair).  I may have Belle and Sebastian, David Byrne and
Radiohead to see in the week after I finish.  But this is not making me feel
any better at this present moment.

On a winging tirade, I will tell of a most unfortunate occurence that
happened last week.  I was supposed to be going to the strokes gig in
Oxford, in order to review it for the student paper.  I was quite excited,
not because of the strokes, who I'm none to fond of, but because of the
moldy peaches and MHS who where supporting them.  Unfortunately, big scary
zodiac bouncer (who has a reputation for being a big mean brute) took a
disliking to me and didn't look at the guest list properly to see if I was
on it.  The moral of the story is, never depend on press passes for sold out
gigs, they will only disappoint.  Exspecialy if you only write for a small
insignificant student paper and the NME and the Guardian are writing reviews
for the same gig.

I was even more upset when I heard reports of the moldy peaches giving
everyone hugs.  That wasn't you in a legal man t-shirt I saw going into the
gig carsmile steve was it?

I have my own tickets for B&S thank god, so unless a luminous green monster
eats them or I drop them in a cow pat or something, I should be fine.

On a plus note, I had a lovely evening a week or so ago, when I went to see
preston school of industry and meet up with Oxford listee Mark Hester and
his girlfriend.  Unlike PSI, who although competent (and spiral stairs was
very nice and friendly), where about as dull as chewing on a radiator, Mark
was a very nice chap, as was his girlfriend who my hedgehog horace seemed
quite fond of.

On the subject of hedgehogs, I saw one as I was walking home that night.  He
just stood and stared at me for a while before going about his business, I
think he may have given me a wink.  I was very excited when I got in.  Just
about as excited as I probably will be the day of the Brum B&S gig.

Love and hedgehugs

Sarahsocks