Sinister: Brian Appleton

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Thu Jun 21 15:53:38 BST 2001

Oh behave!

I'm notoriously wrong about everything, but according to
http://www.channelfly.com

  'Brian Appleton', the new character from John Shuttleworth's creator
  Graham Fellows, will support Belle & Sebastian for some of the dates
  on their forthcoming tour.

  The character, a 'rock musicologist' who claims to have influenced
  many of music's defining moments (as well as having his own songs
  stolen by legendary bands), will guest at the following dates on the
  Scottish twee-poppers' long-awaited tour.

And it looks like most or all of the English tour to me!  For the un-UK
amongst us, he's a comedian, although some might put that in ironic
quotes.  For more information on Brian, see:

http://www.shuttleworths.co.uk/brian.html

  Appleton, for instance, reveals that he once contemplated a
  glamorous rock'n'roll road-crash suicide before realising that he
  didn't have a car. "I'd have had to borrow me mother's VW Polo," he
  moans, "and that has quite a good safety record."

Him appearing on stage is the kind of thing that might make
even my brother giggle, and maybe change his mind that B&S are freaks,
and you're all a bunch of internet weirdo nutter geeks with strange and
disturbing habits, ticks, and unusually long knives in your kitchen
drawers.  He likes John Shuttleworth and gave me a CD of him for my
Xmas.  Not my Xmas, it's our Xmas, they can't take it away from us.
God bless baby cheeses.

It makes me wonder if the rosy-cheeked Uptown Shufflers aren't
popping over the border.  Which makes me wonder if we won't hear "I
Love My Car" in London!  Which makes me shed a little tear.

I should add that I heard this on the newsgroup, bless them, rather
than an "advisor to the palace", so it might be LIES!  In which case
cuff my ears and send me off to bed with no soup.  Or it will be an
"ironic" site which I've failed to understand.  It'll be like when
surrogate list mummy Linda believed the Guardian's April 1st article
about Ann Widdecombe and Eminem being best pals and told everyone so.
Or when I said "I didn't know Sting used to be in the police", when
someone said he was, and I was thinking constabulary.  Wasn't Mr 80s
"King" in the police (not the Police)?  My excuse.

Hello to everyone who was at the Glasgow picnics/concerts/after-show
orgy!  Belle licked my ear, I shall never wash again.  I expect a
report from SOMEONE from every one of the English concerts, if you come
home from one and wonder if you could be bothered telling us that they
all appeared naked on stage and sang the Hallelujah Chorus, or decide
to wait and see if anyone else posts, START TYPING!  If we don't get a
report from one of the gigs, I'm closing the list, and opening a porn
site on missprint.org.  What do you mean it already looks like one..

I love you I do!
Honey xxx