Sinister: united states of calamity

Amy Bancroft phoenixx_ala at xxx.com
Fri Jun 22 22:52:59 BST 2001

hey yall,
I'm out of the nursery & here's a brief intro:
My name is amy. I'm living in Grand Rapids,MI (about two hrs from Chicago and 1/5 hr from the beach). I'm originally from Atlanta, but ended up here for a job.

Anyhow, I feel like I've been living under a rock b/c I just got into B & S after hearing it in an used bookstore several months ago.  Thinking back, I really could have used IYFS when it first came out, but I'm totally enjoying it (and all the others) now.

Obviously, I'm envious of everyone going to the concerts.  And all I have to say is that its time we Americans got our acts together (i.e. picnics, etc) to encourage B & S to tour over here.  I'm even willing to try and learn a scottish accent to make them feel at home. :)

I like the JD cd quite a bit.  Although I think Peter Miller's right about the guitar in L of MDR - it should be more shattering, but otherwise no complaints.  I try and fiddle with my stereo to make it as loud as possible, but it doesn't really work.

I've been planning to get a tatoo for awhile.  And I convinced myself to begin with something smaller than my original ideas.  So next week I'll be getting "a star upon her shoulder."  Just curious - does anyone else have one?  Any recommendations as to actual look of the star are appreciated, I'm in the process of designing it right now.

so thanks for letting me into sinister,
i'm feeling a bit like a mayfly this week

-amy alaine