Sinister: postcards from the beach

Dimitra wonderer at xxx.gr
Sun Jun 24 02:04:46 BST 2001

the beach is imaginary -today; but tomorrow it may be real...
you have belle and sebastian concerts but i have the sea!

i was meaning to write a post about the meaning of life and being happy...
but i feel very sad... summer isn't nice when you have to spend it nearly
alone...
and it's worse when this happens for the third time... i'm tired of doing
things on my own... i've done everything i could: i've been reading and
writing and listening to music almost ceaselessly since i was fifteen! i'm
twenty and i need people!

there has been some talk lately, on whether belle and sebastian are any good
any more... you know it has to do with getting older, or rather with the
intensity of the first time - not that much with the actual quality of the
songs...
i was introduced to belle and sebastian with tbwtas, then i was given the
four eps, then iyfs, and a few months later tigermilk came out on cd so i
got that too.
and i didn't like it as much!
and my (ex)boyfriend first heard of them last June and fyhcywlap is his
favourite!
although iyfs is so innocent, erm, so twee - well it's like it has fallen
from the sky, like it has nothing to do with this world and thus probably
nothing can ever sound better... you know what i mean... don't you?

that must be the meaning of life... think about it... when we were little
our impressions and feelings were stronger, we felt more alive - because the
world was new... or rather we were new to the world...
i long to return in that state of innocence and bliss... and strangely
enough my two best friend also long for that - strangely, because these days
we don't seem to have much else in common...
we should just find a way to feel excited most of the time, like when we
were wee... stop thinking of ourselves and stop worrying... and start being
involved in what's happening around us...
maybe we will manage this on the beach... if we ever stop fighting and get
there!
wishing tehn we'll remember how much we love each other...

           love,and keep the faith,
                                          Dimitra

ps " We should love a band that writes a song about the go-betweens!" not
because i'm that big a go-between fun but because it sounds great.and
powerful!

ps if i could be a song i would be something that would snake ito your room
and be with you the whole night long