Sinister: Take your french toast and shove it

Phillip Runion prbar at xxx.com
Mon Jun 25 22:13:20 BST 2001

After drinking a liter of vodka and red bulls!! before going to see
mogwai!!!!, topped off with a few slightly less desirable 40's of old
english for the post show celebration on saturday night, my friend and I
thought that it might be a good idea to get some sleep seeing that the sun
was rising and the birds were chirping. One of my other friends had decided
to turn in earlier than we did; he got a lot of sleep. I rent a room in this
really cooky ladies house, and this is what happened when i woke up later on
at about noon, when i had possibly my worst hangover ever, coupled with an
insane adrenelin rush.
        Cooky landlady sticks her head through the door, hearing that we're
up and incredulously remarks: "your smoking in here, my god, what are you
thinking?" to which my response was : "i don't know what your talking about,
i'm not smoking," as i exhale. She says "i made you guys breakfast," and
closes the door behind her. I look to my friend and roll my eyes and scratch
my head and he tells me that whatever she made looked gross and had been
sitting on the table for about three hours. So i went to investigate, and
the breakfast in question turned out to be none other than french toast,
smothered in coagulated fake syrup set out with forks, knives, napkins,
three mini hershey bars, and of all things, three plastic cups of room
temperature *from concentrate* orange juice. The french toast looked like it
was from before the flood, and thus it looked, in fact, quite gross. But it
was a sweet gesture, and i didn't want to tell her to take her french toast
and shove it.
       While i took a shower i devised a plan to get rid of it without
leaving a trace. my first thought was to take it and chuck it all out the
window, but upon sticking my head through frame i then realized that there
was nothing to the throw it into i.e., a bush, and a big pile of french
toast sitting outside my window would not be too awfully inconspicuous. For
some odd reason i can't control my laughter during this whole ordeal, when
the answer comes to me. I run into the kitchen and gather up all three
plates, and all three sets of silverware and rush them back to my room, and
then i realize that there is not a single old t-shirt that i wanted to wrap
all of this cold, bready confection into, so i up and take it into the
bathroom with me, because i figure that it'll flush, ya'know, but i didn't
make it to the toilet before i saw the big stack of towels, spread one open
on the floor, flipped each plate on to the towel, and neatly wrapped it into
a pink package, and rushed all the evidence into my bedroom. My friends look
at me and break into hysterics, and i almost fall on the floor in painful
laughter myself. After shoving the towel underneath my bed, i gathered up
all the silverware, and smeared each of them around in the left over syrup
so as to give the impression of it having been used, and then carried all
three plates and the silverware into the kitchen, into which i stumble upon
my landlady washing her dog in the sink. I leave it on the counter and
return to my room, by which time we're all in a frantic rush to leave the
house, and head into the city in preperation for the sunday night
Mogwai!!!!!!!!! show.
      Upon returning home this after noon, i found the house deserted
and a sticky pink towel on top of another towel on my bed. I haven't seen my
landlady yet. There was no sign of the french toast.