Sinister: insert you're fave cliche/ song title here.... provided its about saying goodbye and getting all upset.

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Tue Jun 26 08:49:04 BST 2001

Ah.

I had to say goodbye to Norwich, to UEA and to my pals
last week.

That was hard. I only met a lot of my pals this
semester, and we had some pretty instant bonding. I
feel closer to them than I've felt to people I've
known for years.

I have to say, I did get a bit weepy. And drunk. I got
very drunk. Bearsuit (Norwich band) challenged me to
down smirnoff ices. I did- two of the things, from
full capacity. And I drunk more than the band. And
they were more drunk than me.

I had to keep up the hardened drinker image for
Scotland, see.
(even though, between you and me, I'm a total
lightweight.)

But everyone thinks its good I'm going. they now see
me as a sort of free hotel in scotland. I suppose it
didn't help when I told them that the streets of
Glasgow are pavwed with indie kids, and told them
about the late licences at pubs, the cool music shops,
the endless record shops, the wonderful clothes shops,
and the gigs, the venues, the bands you might see....

Still, I'm gonna miss it down south.

Spent the entire week with my pal Darren, just
slacking. It got to the stage where we didn't even
bother to e mail each other anmore to say "wanna go to
the bowl (uni cafe) for a coffee?". Instead I'd walk
in, and there he'd be. (early riser, Darren. Always on
campus from about 9am.) We chatted, we'd go to the
pub, we'd wait for his girlfriend to pick him up. we'd
do that for entire days. We'd do all sorts of things.
Sitting outside when it was nice. Sitting inside when
it wasn't. Talking about everything, putting the world
of music to rights.

you gotta miss that. Well, I gotta.

Gonna miss Tim, and Sara too. Saras a darling. a sexy
darling. Tim's a darling. A brainy darling. There's a
bit of me that wishes I'd spent more time with them,
rather than go off to see B+S. but then, I'd only
regret not seeing b+s while I had the chance. So how
is a girl supposed to choose? is Stuart as much fun as
Tim? Does Chris make a good replacement for Darren?
and Isobel vs Sara? who would win? (my money's on
Sara. shes hardcore. I wouldn't fight her.) Then
theres my other pals. Could Stevie ever be better than
James Carnaby? Sarah or Sonja? Richard against wee
Hellman?

Hmm.

Well, now I'm back home, and I got a tickly coff.

Graduation is on the 12th.

Gotta find a job.

Big scary world. Me no like. Take it away. Get me a
new one. A CLEAN one.

right. thats about it.

Toodly pops
idles