Sinister: Ribena is twee...

Tom Pettinger tompettinger at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 26 21:15:19 BST 2001

Because it's so sticky-sweet.
Hello, fellow corduroy wearers,

That's right, isn't it? Ribena is the nicest, most sugary drink
around. No self respecting hard guy would be seen dead sipping from a
trademark stripey straw. When I die I want to be dosed with
painkillers then put on a ribena drip. (I've already done a vodka
drip. No, really, we didn't put a needle in or anything but we drilled
a hole in the lid of a bottle of ABSOLUT and carried it round on a
pole, drinking it from a genuine hospital drip set. Nice, but not
particularly twee.)

>From reading many posts I get the impression that most sinisterees
still spend money on sweets. This is a good thing. It's nice to see
that although some of you (esp. idles) are being forced by modern
society to be "grown-ups" you are not denying yourselves. I was well
chuffed to see a mention of Reeces peanut butter cups, and a local
sinisterbite even invited me round for a star wars lollipop.

Quick, while honey's back is turned, does anyone know where I can buy
B&S posters online? The merchadise page on the official B&S site
doesn't have them, and as previously lamented i'm not going to any
gigs.

Many people seem to reckon B&S is indie music. is it? i reckon not, as
i generally don't like indie music. i prefer the label, "alternative".
I wasn't going to post tonight, but when I saw the total lack of posts
i thought, why not?
and I couldn't think of an answer.
I'm going to make a bbc radio sheffield show tomorrow, i'm to be doing
it with some other guys but between the walls of sinisterdom most of
them are dull dull dull.
lots of sugary love,
Corduroy boy
Tom

P.S. Ken Chu: a B&S sticker book with an arse centrefold, wow! i bet
they would make one if we said please. they could make it super twee,
with little foxes in the snow borders!