Sinister: is that a Hipflask in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?

Primitivepainter at xxx.com Primitivepainter at xxx.com
Wed Jun 27 12:50:59 BST 2001

well hello there...
                       its been a while...i took a bit of a break...i've been detatched from everything,and in that time i've returned to see Belle and Sebastian touring and that The Strokes have taken over the world...oh my gosh..."The Strokes are best band to come out in the last 25 years" well i've got news for them...they obviously haven't heard of Hipflask...but then not many people have,myself and another member of this parish have taken matters into our own hands,and formed a band based loosely on Slipknot...we did try desperately to get the Belle and Sebastian support slot...but they just weren't convinced and frankly i think we scared them!...we all wear masks and boilersuits, not to make fun of Slipknot but as a mark of respect... because what they do is pretty damn funny,we played our first gig recently,behind closed doors,with our audience in blindfolds, we have to tone it down a bit as a couple of the audience had to be sedated afterwards!...we haven't got a compl!
!
ete lineup as yet and we are loo
king to recruit one or two of you in the near future...by the way you won't have a choice...if we decide you fit the bill your in...masks are not optional they are essential...we have plans to cover the B&S song "Dog on wheels" but our version will be slightly different....it shall be called "Dead dog on wheels"... but we have been busy...we have been sworn to secrecy until now...and we are treating this project just like fight club...
the first rule of Hipflask is that there is no such thing as hipflask!
and the second rule of hipflask is that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HIPFLASK!
so don't bother asking myself and the other founding member of Hipflask the good mr paul field ( sorry for grassing you up mate but i don't intend on taking all of the flack for this myself! ) about any of our activities...because if we tell you 1) you will have to join us or 2) you don't even want to know what 2) is...
what do we sound like?...well nothing like Slipknot...theres no growling...but there is feedback and distortion and of course masks...and thats all i'm at liberty to say...a friend described us as sounding like the bastard children of the Revolving Paint Dream in full flow...and I guess thats as nice a thing as anybody is going to say about us...but beware...we are ready...and intend to make unannounced live appearances in the near future...the Truth or Consequences Ep is recorded and we are currently in negotiations with interested partys...its been a busy few weeks...
kids have fun at the picnics and gigs...myself and paul will be running the eye over a few of you to see if you have the right stuff to join us in our noise making activities...but i can't make anyone any promises...
huge props to the lovely miss llew...for just being her sparkling self...she's all for Hipflask...so much so that we have made her an honourary member...theres no discrimination with Hipflask...females are welcome as well...and she will be the first person to hear what we have to offer...
thats me all tapped out now and i'll slip safely back into oblivion...
            thankyou kindly...
                                     richard...