Sinister: Beautiful, a bit tempremental

Sunset . sunnie_set at xxx.com
Wed Jun 27 12:54:10 BST 2001

The sky really got its act together today. After yesterdays frivolous
display of candy floss pink clouds on pale blue backgound it really had it
all figured out...
As I left the house it was a blank white canvass no messing around... just
plain and simple.
As the thunder rolled around the sky the canvass changed to dark purple. The
colour began to seep into the world below. If you must know I happen to
think that the world below looks slightly like the inside sleeve of 'fold
your hands child' but with a few more gaps where fires have burnt down
listed buildings. At least that is how I like to imagine it when I look out
of the window. Feel free to disagree if it makes you happy.
So then the rain started and the sky really came into its own. Sinking lower
and lower, eating the tops of buildings and trees, but all the while
remaining united in colour.
"lightening never strikes twice"
So this was what the sky was prepared for. This one off guest appearance and
the sky was taking a back seat in the performance. Nevertheless the sky was
certainly making sure all around were looking their best. The rain fell and
dripped onto the leaves of dark purple trees leaving an inky trail in the
gutter. The bright green and yellow bushes contrasted sharply and
unrealistically.
Lights flickered and people ran around shutting down computers and expensive
electrical equipment.
It was turning into a very moving  and emotional show.
So at long last, time for the lightening. The main attraction. And what did
it do ?  Nothing, it bottled out thats what. One incredible flash of light
and then... nothing.
All after such an incredible build up.
The sky sulked and individual clouds reappeared. Its not easy when you have
to work with such tempermental celebrities.