Sinister: ease your feet off in the north sea (whilst eating mick's chocolate)

gina titchener gltitchener at xxx.com
Wed Jun 27 14:54:24 BST 2001

hiya people. i'm afraid this is another scarboro post, mainly for scarboro
people, in case they have forgotten what they saw....

the set list was (something like):

le pastie de la bourgeousie
too much love
magic of a kind word
i know where the summer goes
if you're feeling sinister
don't leave the light on baby
the model
my girl's got miraculous technique
*jonathon david
(summer holiday, performed by phil and kerry)
simple things
the boy with the arab strap
we rule the school
family tree
like dylan in the movies
i love my car
the wrong girl
woman's realm
legal man

*i didn't write this one down (d'oh) and am relying on my boyfriend's
none-too-reliable memory. he says it was here.

if there are any others you guys can remember that i forgot to jot down
during the gig, please mail me.

i have to confess it was the best gig i've ever seen.
it was helped by the fact that I MET STRUAN and nearly all the rest of the
band afterwards whilst sat on a beach at half eleven (does life get any
better than that?), but they also played really well, did a good collection
of songs, were AUDIBLE for a change (see nottingham, september 98 for
previous appalling sound levels) and everyone really enjoyed themselves,
dancing when they could.

fact 1: the girl on the front of 3..6..9 is called vikki. i know cos struan
told me when he signed my poster.
fact 2: i haven't seen anyone else mention this, so can i be the first to
say that stuart's transparent bass guitar was phil lynott's (unsure of
spelling) (from thin lizzy) and was  a present from the band (aw). yes i
can.

mick keeps his chocolate in the same bag as his shoes.

i'm going to stick my neck out and say i love my car *won't* be the lead
track of the next single, mainly because it changes time signature three
times, from three four to four four and back, and back again. it would never
get played on radio 1. and it references the beach boys, who, as they
released songs before 1997, don't actually exist in radio 1's eyes.

cliff would have liked this. it mentions summer holiday.

still swooning,
gina