Sinister: The infamous Haskell/Murdoch connection.

M. Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Wed Jun 27 20:20:06 BST 2001

THE INFAMOUS HASKELL/MURDOCH CONNECTION

I was watching television the other day,
and Leave it to Beaver was on. There was
talk of sweets and talk of the Beav
having a sleep-over, and if Wally can
sleep at his friend's, why can't the Beav?
So Wally and Lumpy went to visit old Eddie
Haskell at the garage. I'm not sure if
this particular actor always played young
Edward, but I'll be darned if he didn't
look much like Stuart. So my point is,
next time you're watching Leave it to
Beaver, keep an eye out for Eddie. Tell
me that he doesn't look a bit like our
own Stuart Murdoch.

SPEAKING OF THE DEVIL...

He still hasn't written back yet, although
I didn't expect him to- I just wanted to
thank him. Your tales of the beach and
hobknobbing with the stars are inspiring
and disheartening at the same time. One
day, though- One day I'll see them.

A NOTE ON ACCOMPLISHMENTS

We just hit our 500th digest a few
back, hooray for everyone. I also
like the new addition to the quote
box at the end of every post. See
if you can pick out which one I'm
talking about.

ON DIFFICULTIES OF LEARNING TO PLAY
LEFT-HANDED GUITAR

I will send my right arm and left
leg (for aesthetic purposes, we must
have balance) for a set of Belle &
Sebastian pins. I didn't want to
resort to this, but I've got two kid-
neys as well, if anyone's children are
needing. Or if you'd rather, I could
send you an autographed cd-r of Secret
Agent X-9's greatest hits.

BUT SERIOUSLY, FOLKS

I am really excited to read about all
of your concert experiences, keep
them coming!

WHAT IS POPULAR IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT,
AND WHAT IS RIGHT IS NOT ALWAYS POPULAR.

I don't know about the pedal steel in
Carriage Clock. No offense if the player's
on the list, I don't question your talent
at all. You play a mean pedal steel but
I didn't think it fit with the rest of the
song.

And for anyone who's wondering, I got this
particular subheading off of a banner I saw
in my seventh grade mathematics class.