Sinister: from rubbish to RAH

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Thu Jun 28 06:14:05 BST 2001

i'm all for exploding seagulls.  brighton's bin-men are on strike so we have
spent the past week or so under an ever-growing pile of stinking rubbish.
the seagulls, not my favourite fowl to start with, have been ripping apart
abandoned rubbish sacks with greater and greater audacity.  i think they may
be evolving into a race of super gulls, driving humans away from their
precious booty and effectively imprisoning us in our houses as seen in
hitchcock's imaginatively titled 'the birds'.

thankfully i am escaping to london (renowned for its clean streets of
course) on friday for RAH! type entertainments.  we are positively drowning
in content round here lately, but nevertheless i'll also go wooo wooo i'm so
excited and oo jonathan david's really good, as in
listened-to-it-4-times-in-a-row good.  it has what, come to think of it, i
used to consider the b&s 'trademark': a delicately touching story combined
with p!o!p! catchiness, last seen properly on IYFS.  <sound of archel's
fears being laid to rest> mmm, and i'm getting the vinyl next week.

to fellow royal alberters: me, miss sophie and dj matt will be dragging our
provincial arses up to a pre-gig pub around 6 or 7, hopefully the same one
as the sinister massive :-)  hm, i don't feel quite right using the word
'massive'.  the sinister moderately-sized, perhaps.  by the way, if you see
ailsa ross running around in a panic on the night it's probably because i
haven't given her her ticket yet.  though it might also be because she's run
out of alcohol...

i hope you all recognise me with my new haircut.  i'll be with a pretty girl
with brown hair and a short sexy boy in glasses, falling myself somewhere
between those two descriptions. (ie brown hair, glasses, short, and now look
like a boy.)

when all this gig madness is over i might propose a brighton picnic.
because the beach is wasted on most of the dumb slackers that live here,
really.

luv a fucked in the head psycho-fan, archel xxx

ps: wasn't that a lovely post from dimitra the other day?  in fact you're
*all* great :)

Rachel Playforth
'She may not be famous, but she's right' - Homer Simpson

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com