Sinister: I'm very, very sorry...

Tom Pettinger tompettinger at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 28 13:41:24 BST 2001

Before Jules spills the beans, I might as well admit it...
I found my way to the B&S gig in Preston. Whe-hey! it was absolutely
fantastic! they did a lot of songs from fishyclap but I didn't mind
because I don't have that album so it was a pleasant change. They did
many others but none of you will be interested in a set list, suffice
to say they did, "My girls got miraculous technique" which is a twee
hum-dinger of a song, and it served to remind me that I am quite
pissed off that they say it will not be on the next E.P. because it is
GRATE.
They were really relaxed, I think, I presume Isobel always looks that
sweetly bored, and Stuart seemed to lighten up after the first few
songs. Chris didn't get quite a few notes on JD but it was still nice
to hear it. If anyone found it really annoying that someone in the
standing section near the middle KEPT TAKING PICTURES I'm very sorry,
but I wanted at least one of all the band members and Isobel kept
sitting down between songs so I had to resort to taking some during
the songs.
All the music was really tight, apart from a mistake form the keyboard
guy (I forget his name, he's on the cover of bwtas) but that was funny
anyway.

I'd now like to redeem myself by stating that I have not been winding
you up all this time, my "previous engagement" was cancelled which I
found out on wednesday morning. I contacted a sinistery in Sheffield,
fixed myself a lift (thanks, Chris and Rchard, and it was nice to meet
you, Katie)and reserved my ticket late afternoon, so it was all tres
exciting.

So now, for those of you who don't know but are afraid to ask (and I
know you're out there, I was once in your position), here is some info
on the merchandise you CAN'T buy over the website:
T-shirts-£12-burgundy with outline of man and women in light blue.
Very cool, I now have one.
Blue with fluorescent pink car outline.
White with fishyclap picture
Mouse mat-£5-with red bubble writing B&S and sillustration style
woman.
Mug-around £5- same as mouse mat but green.
badges-set of four-£2
Posters-set sets of 4 (if that makes sense) -£6-each set has 2 album
and 2 E.P. pictures.See end of post for appeal...
I'm afraid that's all I can remember but I think it covers most. There
are also the shirts and patch you can get online.

Brian Appleton: very funny. I saw him support himself (John
Shuttleworth) and it was better then, I think he needs a slightly
longer show and he also had slides etc. but the songs were still
hilarious, "so we say, thankyou Brian for your contribution!"
Time to go and put up my posters now, which reminds me:

SINISTER APPEAL: the slightly irrate woman at the merchandise stand
gave me the wrong set of posters. So if any sinisterbite could find it
in their hearts to buy me the other at any other gig, I will love you
forever (and also pay you back).
Details: I would like the set with BWTAS, Dog on Wheels, something
something something Seconds of Light and IYFS. (I was given the set
with tigermilk). Please please please... someone e-mail me off list
and offer, I can then ask one person who replies and not be expected
to pay half the list members for the same posters. I will send a
cheque for £6, the cost of postage and also a small token of my
appreciation on receiving the posters.Thakyou.

Bye bye,
well-chuffed-corduroy-boy
Tom