Sinister: Jonathan never really moved on like David did...

Oo and Jonny localpeople at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 29 00:02:14 BST 2001

I've went to Preston last night to the strange but attractive in a 1960s
brick-built kind of way Guild Hall, complete with integral car park overhead
walkway that miraculously contains no winos, piss or other such nastiness -
an ocean of calm in a sea of chaos as far as car parks go methinks.

But hey, I guess you don't want to know that do you? B&S were GRATE, but
then you didn't expect me to say any different did you? I must admit I was a
little apprehensive beforehand as walking around the spacious sixth form
common room type bar (it took me back, but then that shows my age - but then
I don't recall my sixth form common room serving appalling beer - mind you,
I could never get a seat in the common room either...) I wondered if some of
the crowd would treat it like a ROCK gig, but I have to say that the
audience were lovely on the whole (apart from maybe you Mr hip flask
spilling, arms flailing boy in  a floppy white sun hat)

Was stood quite near the front, to the side with the lovely Isobel (oh, I'm
sure this will set some of you off - Oo thinks her bottom has expanded,
which some of you have said before, but then she would say that...)

The set was quite similar to Scarborough - I wouldn't even pretend to try to
recall all the songs, but Gina's Scarborough post seems right. Tonight's
lovely covers were the snooker theme tune - you would know it if you heard
it - well maybe not if you lived across the ocean, and a Rolling Stones song
on request - I don't know its name, but it gave Belfast Bob the chance to
ROCK out in his fetching Mogwai Scottish Guitar Army T-shirt. (I tried to
send this post last night, but did so in an unsinisterly html type thing,
not a lovely plain text manner - anyhow, if I had done so, I'd have
forgotten to mention to the weird and wonderful opening cover - I knew there
was something before La Pastie, but was damned if I could know what it was -
it was Arrested Development's Everyday People - I remembered today and it
made me smile)

A wonderful wonderful occasion - maybe not as grate as the last time I saw
them in Leeds far too long ago - but marvellous all the same.

By the way, I finally got Jonathan David - I love it all, I must say - then
again I do have a penchant for B&S songs with Jonathan or Jo(h)nny in the
lyrics, as I like Slow Graffiti particularly also...

I guess my fifteen minutes of fame are up...

Enjoy !R!A!H! and the other dates those who are going - wishing I could be
there...

The boy with the slightly too tight new B&S XL t-shirt who's going to have
to do some exercise and not eat sweeties - how ungrate...

Jonny