Sinister: all tomorrow's posts. . .

Intellectualvoid at xxx.com Intellectualvoid at xxx.com
Fri Jun 29 22:06:30 BST 2001

Hello All!

You know what?  I just got paid.  This is a fact.  A fully-sealed envelope was just handed to me.  Sigh of relief - house payments and all, you know.  How frighteningly responsible that sounds.  Moving on. . .

AVOIDING WORK, AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES:
Well, I'm writing to you from the gothic bowels of the ASU Admin building, huddling in my corner workroom, where I'm glad to have a monstrous copy machine throwing warmth my way.  They keep this place positively arctic; I sense a corporate conspiracy, here.  But then, I see a conspiracy theory in nearly everything, don't I?  I'll answer that.  In a word, yes.  This is the land of the magic bullet, after all, and I'm afraid it's left a permanent scar on my impressionable psyche.  Anyway, as I was determined to do as little as possible in the way of work today, I thought I'd drop you lot a line.

WARNING: ODE TO MAGNUM
Our lovely Kiwi Counterpart - Mr. Lawrence Mikkelson - made his Magnum sentiments quite clear the other day, and although I concurred privately, I will publicly take a stance: I dare anyone to put together a cogent argument against the pioneering, episodic brilliance of Magnum.  Look, I mean, you have a suave detective, casual humor, mystery on the homefront (Robin Masters, of course), and a fine, exotic setting as well.  Self-analysis abound.  As the man said, pure genius.... and I'm of the breed who subscribes to that whole concept of "Kill your TV; Read a Book".... alright, I guess that's that.  Next.

IF YOU CARE TO CALL IT CONTENT. . .
Well, you know, everyone's kind of put their two cents (adjust currency) in for Jonathan and David, and all that, but if you must know, I quite enjoy it.  For some odd reason, no matter the arrangements or the instruments or whatever other variables you can drag up, B&S just give me a funny grin, that occassionally scares small children.  (One might say it's a Sinister Grin, but it won't be me).  I particularly like the sweet cutting of TYCCASI.  I really do.  I won't say it's a return to IYFS, because that's it's own entity, but it gives me the same warm glow of, say, Stars of Track and Field.  And as for TLOAMDR, well to say it's spectacular is just a vast understatement, and I will leave it at that.  Again, along with some of our other vocal listees, I have never had the privilege of hearing the live version, and if that's better - I'm interested.  Now, Jonathan and David, I don't know.  I'm going to have to let that one sit.  And I know you will all rest much easier now. (!
!
wry grin)

THIS REALLY TOOK ME ONLY 15 MINUTES - I'M QUICK - REALLY
I so look forward to all of tomorrow's posts, because I know they will contain concert minutiae and live verbal footage.  I only hope they don't have anything to do with Isobels' ass (arse, if you like), because, frankly, I'm not really interested in Isobels' ass (again, whatever you like).  I think I'm the only one in the general vicinity who has her clock set to London time so that I know exactly when the show starts.  Not that I do really know, mind you.  It's not like I'll have a psychic vision the moment they walk onto stage or anything, although that would be nice.  I just like to fantasize!  Anyway, blah blah blah.  I think I have a few copies to make, now.  Better push off.

Love Love Love
S.