Sinister: Jonathan David chords (apologies for "length")

Iain Radcliffe iaradcliffe at xxx.com
Sat Jun 30 18:19:10 BST 2001

Hello,

I was plinking at my pianner the other day and tried to play along to
Jonathan David. I got a little carried away and ended up trying to figure
out the whole song, so here's my stab at it which I also sent to Damon for
the sinister pages. Hope it's vaguely (sp?) correct.

I altho bought the stwokth thingle. It'th exthellent and rockth veritably!
Oh shit, I've turned into Toyah Wilcocth. Help!

Phew, that was both frightening AND unfunny.

If anyone's going to T in the Park and wants to "hang", then please let me
know. My colleague Dave was going to get our free office ticket which I used
last year. Unfortunately he broke his foot while we were playing some
schoolkids at football the other day. He tackled a wee fat boy and came off
worse. So now I'll have to go in his place. Alas.

Somebody asked if anyone had read Zadie Smith? I read White Teeth last week
and my detailed textual analysis is that it's "fuckin' grate, phenomenal".

I'm such a good critic. I heard the Stereochronics latest effort for the
"n"th time today (Have A Niiiice Daaay). I'd like to do a minimalist
critique of it which would simply read: "Hellish".

Anyway, here's Jonathan David. Thanks to all the nice people who I spoke to
in glasgow and the other lovelies that I was too shy/hungover to converse
with.

Iain

JONATHAN DAVID

Intro: G, Fdim, Am, Fdim, Am, A7, D.

G          Fdim    Am                Fdim                  Am
I know you like her, well I like her too, I know she likes you,
A7                     D             G
It’s not as if I’m being sent off to war,
          C                    D
There are worse things in this world,
Gm                    C                Am
There’s no room on my wooden horse for two,
I was Jonathan to your David,
Gm
You’re still King.
G                 Fdim     Am                Fdim              Am
Well, I’d thought about her, I dreamed she’d come, I’d made my escape,
  A7                       D             G
I thought she liked me but somehow I was wrong,
       C                      D
I know you don’t want it this way,
But it’s OK.
     Fdim              E            E7                        F
It’s not like we’ll be parted, it’s not like we’ll never know love.
                 C       F                 C
And she’ll smile for you, she’ll hold your hand,
F            Am                     D7
You’ll be in love, there’s no other way,
    Gm                  C
And I will make it some day.

(Subsequent verses/choruses follow the chords above!)