Sinister: We all laughed and clapped our hands

mollerenshaw at xxx.uk mollerenshaw at xxx.uk
Sat Jun 30 23:41:35 BST 2001

Hello all,

I am still trying to recover, a) from seeing Struan and pals live, in the
flesh, for real, less than 100 metres from my distant, distant circle seat
at the RAH, b) from my seething jealousy of all those who managed to
get into the standing area down at the front, (and more so of those who
managed to meet them at various other gigs) and c) from my
disappointment at missing the meetup before
hand. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Nonetheless I was first into the bar on our level
(alcoholic? me?), and managed to pick up a rather nifty set of badges from
the cawkney merchandisers, and the posters. Oooh, the posters. Not quite
up to the Tigermilk poster I saw in a club once (man sized, although not
particularly man shaped), but they'll do :)

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to the Irish girl
sitting next to me (Circle row 2, X block, seat 110ish) should she receive
Sinister for my friend's loud and very poor imitation Irish accent. She
meant no harm, and was mimicing the guy on the door, not you. She is
suitably embarassed...

I was wondering whether anyone who was down the front at the very start
(7.30 - 8ish) could shed some light on the first support act - they did an
_interesting_ cover of Legal Man, albeit without singing. We suspected a
bunch of band members arsing around for the over-enthusiastic people that
arrived early, but couldn't see anyone properly (due to what looked like
comical Harry Enfield scouser wigs), only hear Scots accents. Again, we
couldn't make out what they said when they explained themselves due to the
terrible accoustics...

Oh, and Lazy Line Painter Jane. Woooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww. Wow. I'm going to
stop now, before I get carried away...

Anyway, I hope everyone with gigs to come has fun :*)

Bye bye,
Mark O