Sinister: cops, earthquakes, outreach workers, and isobel

Rachel Haase mayfly_ at xxx.net
Thu Mar 1 08:08:01 GMT 2001

earthquake!!!!!!!
it woke me at eleven am... i know, i know, not supposed to be sleeping at that time of day but once you hear about my night you'll understand..  i stumbled out of bed wondering if there was heavy machinery working on our dorm or something but then realized it really wasn't a heavy-machinery-type noise and shaking.  then i realized it was an earthquake and i wondered if perhaps i should go into the hall and see if we were all evacuating... but then i yawned and crawled back into bed and waited until it all went away.  Hangovers and earthquakes don't mix together too well.

Anyways i suppose i am a real baby since i was all the way up here in victoria bc, not even very near the epicentre at seattle or near there but it was pretty crazy nonetheless.

as to my night... well all i can say is: DON'T BORROW ID!!!!!  Or, if you do, don't get caught.  It was tuesday night and i know that it is truly sad when you go clubbing on a tuesday night, but it was one of those days when the dorms are just too much to take and we thought a night on the town would be nice... well, and it would've been if the bloody cops weren't hanging out at Legends...  so we got a nice lecture and almost a ticket but one of the cops was a guy and sadie and i both were decked out in full bar regalia, and low-necked tank tops do have advantages... at times...
have i skirted the edges of the body-parts page?  i think so...

so then we went home rather drunk and quite angry and hyper so we stole some signs along the way for sarah's collection.  sadie was especially annoyed because while she was waiting on the corner to see if i got in, some outreach workers came by and asked if she needed help - she was like "Excuse me?"  and they explained that they give condoms to prostitutes and that sort of thing... that was the 2snd time she's been mistaken for one so she was somewhat insulted.

B&S content:  i had some - i honestly did - oh, what was it???  oh!!!!!  i had a dream, i was at a gig and they were playing.  they played one of the new songs and it was quite good but very different from the usual stuff.  then isobel did one and i wasn't overly impressed... (nor am i in real life to begin with but this was just dreadful.)  and then they left to give the stage to someone else and i was bitterly disappointed.  and then i was running about and i found a lovely poster of them and took it for my room which was a naughty thing to do but hey, it was a dream.  and then i woke up.  not too terribly interesting matter; i apologize.

well, it is the witching hour now and time for me to go and do my long-put-off homework... a monologue for acting where i am lizzie borden and i explain why it isn't so terribly bad that my parents are dead.  it must be memorized for 14 hours from now.  ah.. i've got all the time in the world...
goodnight.
love, rachel

"ONE: You act your age
 TWO: You don't try to be something you're not
 THREE: You find out in advance what restaurant your mom and dad are going to and go someplace else"
                       - Screeching Weasel