Sinister: I'm your lucky clover

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Thu Mar 1 17:48:32 GMT 2001

David Howie's report of The Gig was gorgeous, wasn't it?  As I read it I
felt a strange tingling sensation in my tummy, then began to turn a very
bright shade of green.  Literally!  The people sitting near my desk were
very worried and wanted to call an ambulance, but I managed to convince
them that this was not the sort of malady that needs hospitalisation, so
they sent me to the sick room where I munched on ginger nuts (dunked in
Earl Grey) and dossed for a couple of hours.  So...  DID YOU TAKE A
MINIDISC TO THE GIG?  C'mon, somebody must have captured that Stones
moment for posterity.  And what about the new songs?  Nick needs to make a
start on transcibing the lyrics, you know.  Who did the whoo-whoos in
Sympathy... by the way?  And did Isobel have a big pair of maracas?

I had a weird dream last night.  I went to a seventies rock festival with
David Moore, who lent me a load of seventies clothes for the occasion:
denim flares, a crocheted waistcoat and a nice tan leather belt with
tasselly bits on.  I was sitting on the grass, soaking up the sunshine
when I noticed Liam Gallagher was nearby and he was giving me the eye and
then the seventies rock guitarist on the stage winked at me.  Then my
alarm went off, which is a shame because I'd love to know what was going
to happen next (or maybe not, if it involved Mr Gallagher).  However, upon
awakening, I could still hear the seventies rock song the band on the
stage had been performing - it included the line "sit on the DJ".  Anybody
got a dream dictionary?

*Little bit of content*
I don't think anybody has mentioned this yet and I keep on forgetting to.
A couple of weeks ago I had a read of Little Ink Movies and I realised
that one of the famous people they nearly (but not quite) got to meet in
New York is Hal Hartley.

I love Kindercore and Elephant 6 bands.  They make me go all grinny.

Juicy Lucy