Sinister: To Lucy Alder (and the rest of you who've showed an interest), thank you.

David Howie howied41 at xxx.com
Thu Mar 1 20:42:49 GMT 2001

I'm back with the intention of garnishing another post to Sinister with
little tit-bits of information that I left out of yesterday's review.

I'll structure this e-mail around Lucy's e-mail from earlier today.

Lucy said:

>>DID YOU TAKE A MINIDISC TO THE GIG?

I didn't I'm afraid nor did anybody that I know who went to the gig.  It was
apparently a no cameras or recording equipment affair.  Hmm. *Furrows brow*.

>>And what about the new songs?

Big John Shaft & Take Your Carriage Clock and Shove It.  Hmm, I've said all
I really want to about them in my previous mail.  However, I do
know/remember the lyrics to Big John Shaft and will try to have them up for
the list by next week, if by consensus the list approves.

>>Who did the whoo-whoos in Sympathy... by the way?

That Messr Jackson.  He got really into it; doing the whole flailing arms
routine and compulsory Mick woo-hoos.  His guitar playing reached new
heights; and, I contend that he should be inducted into the highest echelon
of guitarists.  Well, err, mebbe.

>>And did Isobel have a big pair of maracas?

Not that I'm aware of, but... During the intro to The Wrong Girl (where the
kind of bell-y sound rings through the guitar driven lead music) she rattled
a metal baton off of the metal leg on Geddes' Wurlitzer.  Some effect, I'll
tell you.  :)

I got talking to the band after the show.  I don't know what the list thinks
of asking for autographs but I'm a big child and thus felt compelled to do
so.  I got all of their autographs apart from the two wymmins'.  Damn.
Anyways, what they had to say:

Stuart:  Will the '...Middle Distance Runner' ever be released?  Oh aye,
definitely.  Look out for it, it'll be out soon.  Maybe as a b-side to the
new singles.  He had a big smile at this point so as to say 'Aww, your going
to be so happy'.  I'm sure the glint in his eye was a knowing look in
deference to the fact that it is scheduled for a spring release as a b-side.
  But nothing's definite.  However, he did say it's been about for a while
now and it's about time they got it out.  Oooh, Stu-art...

Stevie:  Can I have your autograph, please?  *Coy*  Eh, aye, sure.  *Signs
it*  *Walking away*  Y'know, nobody ever asks me that.  My heart nearly
broke there on the spot.  His eyes lowered, saddened, the blinks echoing the
murmured beat of a broken heart.  Awww.

Chris:  I've met you quite a few times, what's your name?  David.  Here,
have I no' signed things for you in the past.  *Talking to girl beside him
who hands him a phone number.  Looks at it.  Laughs.*  Ha, 1690?  Ah'm no
phoning that.  (I teehee).

Richie:  Err, aye, sure.

Mick: really quiet didn't say much.

But well, err, there you go.  Make of that what you will.

Thanks,

David.