Sinister: Berkely or Berkely

tmalone3 at xxx.net tmalone3 at xxx.net
Fri Mar 2 06:10:23 GMT 2001

Our new friend James w mentioned that he lives in Berkely.  This gave
me the perfect occasion to ask what the deal with Berkely is.  Why is
it that Berkely the college is pronounced Berkly, while Berkely the
philosopher is pronounced Barkly? Then there is the Magnetic Fields and
their Busby Berkly dreams.  Anyway, I just want this entire mess sorted
out.
James also made a Nabokov reference which is just super.  I think
Nabokov is the greatest gift the Russians ever gave us.
Hmm, B&S content....Today I went out and bought a cd walkman (my
previous one was stolen when my cousin's car was broken into) and
walked around in the rain listening to Tigermilk.  Everything takes on
a new meaning when the sounds of life are mixed in with a good cd.  B&S
are my favorite band to listen to while walking around in the rain.
Thats all for now.

--
Tim Malone