Sinister: What makes snow white when rain is clear?

Dairy Fairy dairy_fairy at xxx.com
Sat Mar 3 18:35:11 GMT 2001

Hello,
This evening I am quite tired. And cold. It is exactly the same temperature inside my house as it is outside. where it is snowing. brrr.

I have had no money for quite a while now, so I thought I should show at least some commitment towards paying my debts and go to work. It was quite fun really. I found a c.d player which I never really knew existed. I guess nobody else did either, because despite having worked at Dobson and Robinsons sports shop for over six months, every shift has been accompanied by the sound of silence. and people talking obviously.
It was especially good because I had IYFS in my rucksack so I fitted trainers to Stars of Track and Field. Which was appropriate. And sold sledges in time to Fox in the Snow. Lovely. Isn't it nice when you can soundtrack your life. The easy way to do it is to make themed mix tapes, a habit I have got into lately. I sometimes make them then give them to someone and see if they can guess the theme. Grate fun.

Of course by the end of the day i was indeed wishing to get away from the sporty atmosphere. Most of our customers are slapers buying fluorescent green zip tops and silly trousers with splits down the sides. They give me funny looks, obviously wondering why, with my staff discount, I am wearing scratty cord flares and even more scratty trainers. Ah well. Such is life.

I like saying 'such is life'. It stops me having to consider things for too long.

In my last post i said about how I was going to see Arab Strap. They were indeed very good, although, being a band you watch in a stationary, arms folded way, I felt all dizzy by the end, which somewhat impeded my enjoyment. Odd that, how it's more tiring to stand still at a gig than to dance around. Tomorrow I am going to see Terris. Or rather I am going to see Mull Historical Society and Life Without Buildings, and Terris happen to be the headliners. should be good. which rhymes.

Anyway, my fingers are too cold to be typing. They need to be wrapped up warmly in a tea towel. That's been put in the microwave. A handy tip for keeping warm there. And cheaper than a hot water battle.

Cheerio,
Grace

---
And she spent the rest of the day separating the bits from the marmalade, or, if you prefer, the marmalade from the bits.

Who needs Cupid?  Matchmaker.com is the place to meet somebody.
FREE Two-week Trial Membership at http://www.matchmaker.com/home?rs=200015