Sinister: I'm beginning to understand

tmalone3 at xxx.net tmalone3 at xxx.net
Sun Mar 4 20:32:56 GMT 2001

This is weird, I'm beginning to understand Art.  Not that I was
completely clueless before.  I mean, if I looked at a statue or a
painting I could easily say, "gee, thats pretty".  Or wow, "He must've
loved her" or something like that.  But I would've been damned if you
asked me how the artist used composition and line to give movement to
the work.  I always thought it was made up so that people could become
Art History majors.  Or to give people something to talk about in
museums when talking about the beauty of art is no longer enough to fill
the silence, and you have to start talking about it in a technical
manner.  Like when I talk about Belle and sebastian to people and they
get tired of me saying, "but listen! The lyrics, the piano, the strings!
They're great", and I have to start talking about the interplay of
 Stuart's guitar with Isobel's cello (how dirty :).  What makes me think
that if somebody doesn't get the beauty of the music, they'll
understand the technical aspects of it. Anyway, my world has been
expanded and I just might be able to finish my art history paper.

Prince is on MTV2 right now and his video, I don't the song as the sound
is muted while I listen to Felt, has these dancing batmen and jokers in
this fenced in, fogged up area that looks like a cemetary.  This is
very disturbing.  Oh well, CDNOW just emailed me to tell me that they
are finally sending me my copy of "Pixies F***ing Die".  I can't wait
to hear the Bonfire Madigan version of Monkey Gone to Heaven again.

Jules wrote about not so random acts of kindness and I must agree.
Buying a pastry for a man who is about buy pastry himself is nothing
compared to buying lunch for somebody who has been living off of other
people's thrown away food for the past 3 years.
eh, how depressing, I'm going to go fill my fat face with breakfast.

--
Tim Malone