Sinister: they couldn't get over your nine-leaf clover, oh-ho-ho-ho

GardeningAtNight at xxx.com GardeningAtNight at xxx.com
Sun Mar 4 22:25:01 GMT 2001

hi everyone.

i have a feeling i will be very frightened in a minute.  i'm listening to a
mixed tape from the sinister list and it starts with a pink floyd song that
sounds like an eerie heartbeat and some person just started wailing but it
suddenly stopped and now there's some creepy music.  i wonder if i'm the only
person who is terrified by records sometimes.  like when there's ten minutes
of silence at the end of a record but you forget that it hasn't stopped
playing and all of a sudden something loud and scary pops out and you hit the
ceiling.

well okay, nothing scary happened.. i feel dumb now.  thanks a lot, jan
imgrund.  it's a really nice tape though, i dig it.

anyway.  it's too bad that struan lost out on rector.  although if he hadn't
won, alisdair gray really should have.  i'm reading ten tales tall and true
and people look over my shoulder, like they do, to see what i'm reading
because they're shocked to see someone reading by their own free will i
guess.. and all the illustrations lead them to think i'm an overgrown kid
reading fairy tales.  which i am, really, but they aren't supposed to know.

i made jen a mixed tape in november or something and it's really grate
looking, it has bunny stickers all over it actually.  and i found the
envelope i addressed to her and a letter inside from january.  maybe i'll
send it anyway.. i really can't be counted on for anything in general and i'm
surprised people put up with me.

i'm supposed to begin tutoring a boy in violin tomorrow.  i'm worried that i
won't have the patience, though.  i've never tutored anyone and his mother is
so nice over the phone that i hate to ask for money.  my friend grace
referred them to me and told me that she charges $10 for half an hour.  which
would be incredible because i'm so very poor.  i can never ask anything of
people because i feel guilty.  i'll have to think about how to bring it up
before she calls me tonight.. i'm not a people person, apparently.  i don't
even know the kid's age or if he's at all cool or anything.  that really
should be a prerequisite.  six months' experience in the realm of
indiecoolness or at least an eagerness to learn.

will stuart david's new book be published in the us?  i'm very much looking
forward to it.  i've lent nalda said to many friends and they all adore it
now.  i wanted to lend it to my english teacher, except that i bought him a
book (the haiku year) for christmas.  i hate that when you do something nice
for someone who doesn't expect it, they react really rudely.  he gave me a
funny look and sort of thanked me but i felt really stupid and immediately
wished i could've taken it back.  i was just trying to be nice and i thought
he'd be really happy and appreciative but instead i thought i was going to
cry.  bastard.

would anyone like to finance a trip to new york so i can visit colleges?
when my name's with the best, your name will be on my guest list.. or at
least on the side of my cardboard box.

love,
samantha