Sinister: I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean.

M. Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Wed Mar 7 01:57:54 GMT 2001

A sheepish hello!

I hope you're all doing well this brisk winter's evening. The weather 'round
these parts has been a bit atrocious, alternating between
light-sweater-walking-with-a-juicebox weather and
horrible-windy-snow-in-your-face sort of weather. I get used to hanging
about with my little athletic jacket. I thought we'd get a proper downfall
last night so I stayed up too late, under the impression that school'd be
cancelled. But when I got up, rather than the whiteout I'd hoped to see, it
looked more like Entenman's coffeecake. If you've seen Entenman's coffeecake
then you know what I mean. So I got to thinking about coffeecake, and how we
didn't have any.

Er, right, but the mailing list. I was moved to post by a number of things.

1. Someone had a quote from Gorey in their signature. Bravo, or brava.
Gorey's great, definitely one of my favourites.

2. Someone went to Jersey. Now, I was born in Jersey, so I know a goodly bit
about it. Sorry to the person who stuck up for Jersey, I'm sure it's got its
nice parts. But from my experience it's pretty bleak. What part of Jersey
did the young traveller go to (sorry, I should've scribbled down your name)?
If you ever go back there, keep your eyes open. Every time I go I'm amazed
by how many strip malls there are. And it seems like every one has a
pizzeria.

3. Someone said something about the Pixies. I love the Pixies, they're
great, and I've got all the b-sides already- but what's this about them
releasing them on one shiny new disc?! I think I saw something about that on
NME, could someone enlighten me? Anyone got a favourite? I like Bailey's
Walk, myself. Of course Weird at my School's nice, too.

4. Glasses equal sophistication; girls with glasses are lovely. If they've
got nice glasses, that is. It's really no difference to me.

5. I just finished reading Ecstasy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance, by
Irvine Welsh. I thought it was really swell. Any recommendations on more to
read? I've got one for the Marabou Stork Nightmare but my library doesn't
carry that one.

6. Monty Python Sketches. No one ever suspects the Spanish Inquisition.

7. I had to tell you all about my wonderful experience on Saturday last, on
one of the best days ever. I saw Weezer in Philadelphia and they were
amazing. Ozma was great too, I'm not a GUK fan to begin with, so they were
just alright. Anyone else at the show on the third? E-mail me if you were,
tell me how you liked it. I just wanted to give their singer a little hug,
he was so twee and scrunchy, like a stuffed animal. Dare I compare him to
Struan? I just wish that their closing song hadn't been so rushed...

School's dry

Not much else to say really. I started listening to Pavement at my friend's
request, they're a nice band. Thanks for reading this far, I hope you're all
doing well!

Love,

Timothy
xoxo

p.s. If the Martin that's coming to the States is the pleasant fellow I
spoke to on #Sinister, I hope you have a safe trip and an overall enjoyable
experience! Just beware of the fuzz and keep a low profile and you'll be
a-OK. If you need me to bail you out of the slammer, send me a carrier
pigeon. (Er if you're not the Martin that I spoke to, I still hope you have
a nice trip, you know. Not to discriminate.)

p.p.s. Annabelle, again, just kidding about the stalker thing..

"Sharks, octopi, seals, and horses... they all fall into one category. And
that category is maneater."