Sinister: My favourite con-man

Mikey JOA00MAR at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 8 14:07:06 GMT 2001

Hullo chaps and chapesses,

    I saw my favourite con-man yesterday, he's really very good.
    About three months ago he came up to me and told me how he'd just
finished serving a 6 year prison sentence and he'd come to this guy who
promised him a job but he wasn't there anymore and he had to get back to
where-ever ny 6 or the parole people would chuck him back in the slammer etc
etc.
    Normally I find sob stories an insult to my intelligence; they're
usually less than convincing. But this guy did tears and everything, he was
really good.
    So I gave him 30p, which he didn't take too well as he stormed off at
this point.
    To be fair to me I only had 30p.
    Anyway I saw him yesterday and he did exactly the same routine on me. I
thought he lost points for not changing his story over three months, that
seems quite lazy. And he *did* storm off again when I have him 40p (the 10p
increase might indicate a rise in my social and financial position over the
last 3 months. Then again, it might not).
    But to still be producing fake tears after over three months of doing so
several times a day surely deserved my 40p, I thought. Must actors wouldn't
manage that surely?
    His timetable and note telling him where to get his new job could do
with being replaced though, it was looking a bit tatty.
    I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, but there you go.

Love,
Mikey
:o)