Sinister: Hello Mrs. Sartre, how's your Jean-Paul?

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Thu Mar 8 15:03:32 GMT 2001

Jenowl, could I have the spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, sausage and
spam without the spam please?  Also, have you tried Ribena and Guinness?
It's what men drink in Nigeria, according to my Nigerian ex-boyfriend.  It
improves the flavour of the Guinness just enough for me to stomach it,
anyway, so it can be a useful resort when the Ayingerbrau is off.

Desmond Torpey asked

> ...whats peoples opinion on terris?

I got very drunk at the Blur B-sides gig in London last year (or was it
the year before?  How time flies...) and got chatted up by one of Terris,
the one who looks like a bulldog, and Richard Parfitt from the 60ft Dolls.
 I like to call him Rick Parfitt in homage to Status Quo.  Anyway, they
asked if I fancied going back to their hotel to 'continue drinking' and I
considered it for all of... oh, half a second before deciding to get the
bus home instead.  That's my Terris story.

Mikey talked about conmen, which amused me because I thought I was the
only person being regularly accosted by a conman.  Well, conboy to be
exact, as he looks about twelve, is fairly portly and has extremely rosy
cheeks and puppy dog eyes.  He's also a bit grubby.  Anyway, he came up to
me at the bus stop by Finsbury Park station last autumn and explained he'd
lost his money and couldn't get home to his mum.  I, being of a more
generous nature than stingeboy Mikey, forked out a whole £1.80 for his
tube ticket.  Then, in January, the same young scamp approached me again
with exactly the same story.  "You're lying", I said.  "No I'm not," he
replied.  "Yes you are, you told me the same story a couple of months
ago".  He just wandered off and asked somebody else.  I know he's young
and naive, but rush hour is not the time to be employing con techniques as
commuters are the likeliest people to be caught twice, aren't they?
Anyway, Nick, Lixi, anybody else who uses Finsbury Park station, look out
for grubby rosy cheek conboy!

Strange Fruit this weekend should be ace, not least because the Mighty
Obscura are playing.  I also think it will be the first time all my
chalet-rinas will meet each other.  Top of the agenda will doubtless be
who's bringing what bouze.  What else could it be?  I'm still not sure
what shoes I should wear though...

Juicy Lucy

ps. Chris, you're not a cunt