Sinister: Third Times the Charm?

Jason McKinnon megatherion5 at xxx.com
Thu Mar 8 17:00:32 GMT 2001

Hey All,

This was what I MEANT to post yesterday.

>Melancholy Chris wrote:
>
><<<I've been asked by the band to remove the mp3
files
><<<from the net, due to the
><<<nature of the gig and the poor sound quality of the
><<<recording. I should have checked with them if it
was <<<ok to upload the
>gig,
><<<and I didn't.
><<<I can't make everyone who downloaded them
delete
><<<them, so all I can do is
><<<apologize to the band for that.
><<<I thought I was doing a good thing, but as usual
I've
><<<ended up feeling like
><<<a total cunt.
>
>Pickle Prince's Two Cents worth:
>
>Although, I half-expected this to happen and wished it
wouldn't, I still
>have to say:
>
>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

>What I wonder is:
>
>Was it a band decision or mgmt or the label?
>
>Maybe no else cares, and after the Napster debacle
recently on sinister,
>maybe some or most agree with taking the songs
down.

>It makes me more than slightly miffed. Not only
because I can't get those
>tracks, but because of this treatment of music as a
commodity.

>I'm SICK of it.
>
>When are we going to realize that ideas (art...etc...)
are free. And that
>disseminating them is the goal. Anyone who deviates
from this ideal is not a
>musician at all, but a hack.
>
>I am fully willing to trade money and fame for
INFLUENCE. And most bands we
>like claim to agree. If not, they aren't being very
outspoken about it.

>The days of the RAWKSTAR and POP (as in top 40)
STAR are on the decline. We
>are not plumbers (not that there's anything wrong if we
were). We aren't
>laborers. If it's such a labor for a band, leave! Leave
music behind and