Sinister: Painting & Waiting

Rob S. geniusoflove at xxx.com
Sat Mar 10 00:46:08 GMT 2001

Joan of Dark's story reminded me of my story(which she posted a long time
ago, before I had a voice)...
of yesterday.   sitting in a random coffee shop.
     one occupied mainly by the mad rejects of the rest of the city.
& i don't know why I go in there....only yesterday it was because I had to
help my drunken friend pass out in the bathroom, and wait for her parents to
pick her up.>
and I was sitting at this table,   and beside me this old man was talking to
no one about nothing.>     he turned to me and -- " do you like music?"
               me ----- "yes,,"
                   him---"well I have some good trivia for you. you know
music from the 50's?">          me ---- "yes...some"
       him--"oh, well, this is some good trivia. some good good trivia">
he told me about buddy holly,   and his record collection.   he said he had
hundreads of records.>
          this old man was so excited that I was talking to him.   & the boy
I was sitting with kept rolling his eyes, and wanted to leave becuz this ol'
crazy was talking to us.
      i love all the stories that this old man made me think of.   in my
head.     with all his records.    i have hundreads of records too. i wonder
if i will be asking a kid trivia in that coffee shop in fifty years.

I think that is what I love most about Belle and Sebastian. It is so
character driven. When I meet people I ususally think if they could be out
of a B&S song.   It is always impressive when they seem to be right out of
one..

------
today it is cool(and sunny) and windy  ,    and I should be working on my
entrance essay  to university,  but i get distracted so easily.
   so I drank my coffee and signed up to this list, and got excited about
it.
I hope it is as interesting as it sounds.    the people here seem so
wonderful.

    I am from Canada,   and Monty Python's Meaning of Life is the most
brilliant comedy movie I have ever seen.

  hullo.
                ,rob