Sinister: Kiss a little longer, hold tight a little longer...

Julie jules at xxx.cx
Sun Mar 11 06:39:34 GMT 2001

There's been a lot of talk about Ribena lately, and while I'm not a fan of
it, nor can I purchase it in my country, I hear that if you buy a certain
amount of 2 liter bottles of Ribena you get a little beanie ribena berry
with antennae.  What a bargain, says Martin Robinson, yummy Ribena and a
beanie berry alien.  Why can you buy juice in 2 liter bottles there, and
also what is a blackcurrant??  You brits are weird.
Yesterday I went to see Get Over It, Kirsten Dunst's illustrious teen-comedy
follow up to Bring! It! On!  I wasn't expecting much, but little Kirsten
didn't let me down.  This movie has Shakespeare, Sisqo, and the Big Red
theme song.  Go see it immediately.
I found out that you can play DDR Euromix on a US playstation with just the
minor annoyance of it being horribly offbeat.
Anyway, I have nothing to say really, I just thought you might want to know
about the Ribena aliens.

OH I almost forgot!!  Belle & Sebastian are mentioned twice in the Smash
Hits special issue for the Brits (aptly titled "Smash Brits").
1)  In an article entitled "AAAARGH!! (Uh oh! It's the bits the BRITs would
like to forget...)"  "1999: Belle & Sebastian's triumph.  What Went Wrong?
Unrecognizable duo (one in ill-fitting safari suit) beat Steps and Five in
Best Newcomer award despite having sold very few records.  Excuse Given:
Hey, the public voted for this award.  (Even though it was largely nerdy
students on the Net influencing the vote in rum way)  Upshot: Steps and Five
both won Brits in 2000 anyway."  Oooh, Honey did you hear that??  Smash Hits
called us nerdy students!  *sob*
2) A photo of Mick and Richard is captioned "Belle & Sebastian: Left to
right - Belle, Sebastian (You're sacked - Ed.)"   (Smash Hits is no stranger
to the fake editorial comment!) The article says "...The Sun newspaper had
found out in advance about Robbie Williams' three Brits and the arguments
continued when Belle & Sebastian beat Steps to the Best British Newcomer
award."  Not very interesting.
It doesn't seem like the pop world or the Bible Of Pop (aka Smash Hits) will
ever get over that award.  Hooray!!

xoxo
Julie